From: dnmusic on
i need a formula that will look up a word then give me the numbers in a cell
next to that word. the formula i'm using (which isn't working right) is

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A6,'Export
1'!$B$1:$Z$65467,11,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A6,'Export 1'!$B$1:$Z$65467,11,FALSE))

this may be too much formula for what i need but i'm not sure... here's
what i'm actually trying to do. i would like to set up a check list or
something so when people select a certain row by adding a X, the following
information will auto fill onto another sheet...
From: Max on
Your vlookup looks ok. If its not returning 100% correct results, then it's
probably your data quality that's causing it, eg extraneous white spaces
throwing correct matching off. You could use TRIM to improve robustness,
something like this: =VLOOKUP(TRIM(A6), ....). Joy? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore