From: Gaurav on
Hi,

I want to be able to select the month from the drop down list and once the
month is selected, I want the first date cell to change itself to the first
date of the month selected. For rest of the date cells I have just used the
formula "First date cell + 1"

any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S. - Sorry for posting this in two forums. I realized later that this one
is probably the right place to post it. Thanks.

From: Luke M on
Assuming you select the month by giving a number 1-12, the formual is:
(assuming year 2010)
=DATE(2010,A2,1)

Or, if the drop down list is actually a list of various dates, and you're
choosing a specific month:
=DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2),1)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: Bernard Liengme on
See answer in other group

"Gaurav" <myselfgaurav(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to be able to select the month from the drop down list and once the
> month is selected, I want the first date cell to change itself to the
> first
> date of the month selected. For rest of the date cells I have just used
> the
> formula "First date cell + 1"
>
> any help will be appreciated!!
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> P.S. - Sorry for posting this in two forums. I realized later that this
> one is probably the right place to post it. Thanks.

Pages: 1
Prev: vlookup
Next: Graphs in Excel 2007