From: Scott Anderson on
Is there or will there be any way to use vs 2010 to develop a NETCF 3.5
winforms app for WinCE, or are they obsoleted along with the windows mobile
apps? I know I can still use vs 2008 in parallel but I'd rather use 2010 for
everything.
From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
Microsoft has made no categorical statement on that, although you can get
something about what will be in the released package from this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sa69he4t(VS.100).aspx

In the past, you've always seen some delay after release of a new
environment before the device tools catch up, 2008 coming close to being the
exception. I wouldn't expect that to change significantly. Windows CE isn't
going away.

Paul T.

From: Markus Humm on
Am 13.04.2010 23:22, schrieb Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]:
> Microsoft has made no categorical statement on that, although you can get
> something about what will be in the released package from this:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sa69he4t(VS.100).aspx
>
> In the past, you've always seen some delay after release of a new
> environment before the device tools catch up, 2008 coming close to being the
> exception. I wouldn't expect that to change significantly. Windows CE isn't
> going away.

Hello,

is there any time frame when some official statement about this is to be
expected from MS?

I'd be interested e.g. in:

- if VB.net will be supported at all
- if .net CF will be supported (afaik currently it isn't)
- if there will be 2 mobile plattforms: Windows Mobile 6.5 style and
Phone 7 and why this distinction/fragmentation of the market?

Greetings

Markus
From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
If I knew, I couldn't tell you. You can review the various keynotes from MIX
and so on that introduced the Windows Phone for hints. The Embedded Systems
Conference is coming up. You'd think that MS would have something to say
there.

Paul T.

From: Scott Anderson on
Thanks for your replies. Is there a particular blog or MS site we should
watch to be notified when the support is released?