From: Alessandro on
Hello all,
I need your help.
From yesterday morning on our server (Win2003 std, exchange2003,
sqlserver2000) our internal websites, hosted on IIS 6, are not available.
No errors are indicated.
I noticed that the w3wp process is not running.
I tried (after restarting IIS, without problems) to launch it by command line.
Nothing happens.
I also tried the command w3wp -?, and nothing happens again (it doesn't show
the help screen, I mean).
The only thing that we recently did on the server is the antivirus change
(from Symantec to Kaspersky): it was on last weekend.
But it functioned correctly until yesterday.
Nothing about this in Kaspersky logs, I also tried to rollback the antivirus
definitions but nothing changed.
I will be able to restart the server only monday morning, if this is
necessary.
Have you any ideas? What can I check?
Thank you in advance!

Alessandro
From: Alessandro on
No matter, the process came back restarting the server.
Seems that there's an hardware problem, so we have however a lot to do, but
not on the software side.