From: 1xnyer on
I'm working with windows 2000 and virtural directories. The issue I'm having
is there's a form that can not resolved server name/site/.... Its with aspx.
If I tried to add hostheads for the sites they resolve fine but this little
form does not. If I take out the default site with no IP from the hostheads
then I can resolve the form but not the site... What am I missing?
From: Brian Cryer on
"1xnyer" <1xnyer(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working with windows 2000 and virtural directories. The issue I'm
> having
> is there's a form that can not resolved server name/site/.... Its with
> aspx.
> If I tried to add hostheads for the sites they resolve fine but this
> little
> form does not. If I take out the default site with no IP from the
> hostheads
> then I can resolve the form but not the site... What am I missing?

IIS will resolve the site and virtual directory BEFORE it gets to the
page/form. So I suspect that its a problem specific to the form you are
experiencing and that IIS is working fine. If its a .aspx page then ask the
developer what the page is trying to do and why its not working properly.

Two things to double check to show whether or not I'm right:

1. Look in the server logs.

2. Download and run Process Monitor
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx), and see
what files are accessed when you put the url for your form into the browser.
If you see IIS loading the correct form/page then the problem doesn't lie
with IIS (but with your form).

HTH.
--
Brian Cryer