From: whygee on
Hello,

A long time ago I have heard about VHDL-POSIX.
however today, when I need it, the website is dead
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/vhdl-posix/
and nothing can be downloaded.

What has become of this project and his maintainers?
Is there anything similar ?
Is there an old archive where I can read the source code ?
Should I rewrite all I need instead ?

yg
--
http://ygdes.com / http://yasep.org
From: Amal on
On Mar 25, 10:55 pm, whygee <y...(a)yg.yg> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A long time ago I have heard about VHDL-POSIX.
> however today, when I need it, the website is deadhttp://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/vhdl-posix/
> and nothing can be downloaded.
>
> What has become of this project and his maintainers?
> Is there anything similar ?
> Is there an old archive where I can read the source code ?
> Should I rewrite all I need instead ?
>
> yg
> --http://ygdes.com/http://yasep.org

Try CVS and get a snapshot of the sources. You can look at the
sources here:

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?root=vhdl-posix

-- Amal
From: whygee on
Hi,

Amal wrote:
> Try CVS and get a snapshot of the sources. You can look at the
> sources here:
>
> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?root=vhdl-posix

thanks,

Any news from the author ?
Has anybody used, ported or modified this recently ?
This may sound curious or stupid but I need
exactly these functionalities today,
but they are written for an old Modelsim and I use GHDL :-/
If I can avoid reintenting the wheel, I'll save a lot of time...

regards,

> -- Amal
yg

--
http://ygdes.com / http://yasep.org
From: Amal on
On Mar 26, 12:49 am, whygee <y...(a)yg.yg> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Amal wrote:
> > Try CVS and get a snapshot of the sources.  You can look at the
> > sources here:
>
> >http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?root=vhdl-posix
>
> thanks,
>
> Any news from the author ?
> Has anybody used, ported or modified this recently ?
> This may sound curious or stupid but I need
> exactly these functionalities today,
> but they are written for an old Modelsim and I use GHDL :-/
> If I can avoid reintenting the wheel, I'll save a lot of time...
>
> regards,
>
> > -- Amal
>
> yg
>
> --http://ygdes.com/http://yasep.org

I am not sure about the author and who maintains this. But you can
easily port these to SystemVerilog DPI if you can afford mixed
language simulation.

-- Amal
From: whygee on
hi !

Amal wrote:
> I am not sure about the author and who maintains this. But you can
> easily port these to SystemVerilog DPI if you can afford mixed
> language simulation.
no thanks, I stay with VHDL :-)

> -- Amal
yg