From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

Here I say minimum 1 o and maximum three o but here I have more then three o
and this expression give true but
it should give false according to me ?

bool status = Regex.IsMatch("foooooood", "o{1,3}");

//Tony

From: Willem van Rumpt on
Tony Johansson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Here I say minimum 1 o and maximum three o but here I have more then three o
> and this expression give true but
> it should give false according to me ?
>
> bool status = Regex.IsMatch("foooooood", "o{1,3}");
>
> //Tony

Because your criteria has multiple matches:

f[ooo][ooo][o]d

--
Willem van Rumpt
From: Tony Johansson on
"Willem van Rumpt" <nothing(a)nowhere.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Tony Johansson wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Here I say minimum 1 o and maximum three o but here I have more then
>> three o and this expression give true but
>> it should give false according to me ?
>>
>> bool status = Regex.IsMatch("foooooood", "o{1,3}");
>>
>> //Tony
>
> Because your criteria has multiple matches:
>
> f[ooo][ooo][o]d
>

> --
> Willem van Rumpt

But according to me means "o{1,3}" that I must have at least 1 o and maximum
of three o.
I meam what is the purpose of using a max of 3 here then ?

//Tony

From: Adhal on
On 20/05/2010 11:16, Tony Johansson wrote:
> "Willem van Rumpt"<nothing(a)nowhere.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> Tony Johansson wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Here I say minimum 1 o and maximum three o but here I have more then
>>> three o and this expression give true but
>>> it should give false according to me ?
>>>
>>> bool status = Regex.IsMatch("foooooood", "o{1,3}");
>>>
>>> //Tony
>>
>> Because your criteria has multiple matches:
>>
>> f[ooo][ooo][o]d
>>

>> --
>> Willem van Rumpt
>
> But according to me means "o{1,3}" that I must have at least 1 o and maximum
> of three o.
> I meam what is the purpose of using a max of 3 here then ?
>
> //Tony

Hi Tony.
You have to specify that the previous/next letter can't be an "o".

I am not an expert on regex but this should work

[^o]o{1,3}[^o]

From: Tony Johansson on
"Adhal" <user(a)example.net> skrev i meddelandet
> On 20/05/2010 11:16, Tony Johansson wrote:
>> "Willem van Rumpt"<nothing(a)nowhere.com> skrev i meddelandet

>>> Because your criteria has multiple matches:
>>>
>>> f[ooo][ooo][o]d
>>>

>>> --
>>> Willem van Rumpt
>>
>> But according to me means "o{1,3}" that I must have at least 1 o and
>> maximum
>> of three o.
>> I meam what is the purpose of using a max of 3 here then ?
>>
>> //Tony
>>

> Hi Tony.
> You have to specify that the previous/next letter can't be an "o".
>
> I am not an expert on regex but this should work
>
> [^o]o{1,3}[^o]

I don't want a solution I want to know why this regular expression does not
work as I expect.