From: vbDavidC on
Hello, I am helping out a friend who I had to do a clean install of
Vista. It was a Dell with a D drive that was a recovery partition.
After I ran all the updates then I installed MS Security essentials
and iTunes. I am going to use Acronis to create and image but I was
shocked to see drive C being like 40GB big (I think the Windows
folder). I was going to do the backup image on my hard drive and give
him some DVDs with the image files in 4.7 chunks but I was somewhat
surprised it was like 50GB big. The recovery partition appears to be
like 5GBs large so I am surprised that the C drive could get that so
early.

I am new to Vista (XP user). The computer was a plane jane Inspiron
531S. Very small amount of apps installed during recovery.