From: Hugh Jeego on

"basil" <noflynn(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Dec 23, 1:22 am, Doug Jewell <a...(a)and.maybe.ill.tell.you> wrote:
> SG1 wrote:
> > "basil" <nofl...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Today I had the server's help on the phone and an hour later the
> >> laptop was cleared and wifi was working. Now I'll have to get really
> >> serious about Apple on the one hand and W7 on the other. iPhone just
> >> won't reach my network although it knows that the network is there.
> >> Just won't let me JOIN.
>
> >> W7 must have a fault in the Networking area. I am out of ideas for
> >> this. Channels? Encryption? Cussedness? I can't system restore to
> >> Vista can I? Oct 22 was the date I bought it.
>
> >> nof
>
> > W7 networks ONLY allow W7 machines. Blame M$ it is a feature of the OS.
>
> BULLSHIT
> W7 will network quite happily in a mixed environment with
> any other SMB based Network OS - Vista, XP, 9x, Linux+Samba etc.
>
> --
> What is the difference between a duck?

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I have done all the reset buttons. Com, I have done that series of
buttons and been blocked every time - it's when I put the password in,
it isn't accepted and I get the message: unable to join name of my
net. I have been through the security settings also. I went to
Vodafone this morning for the 3rd time this week. I learn something
from each person or post. Vodafone thinks I should change the password
on the router. It is a Thomson TG 585 v 7. I have emailed them just
now because there is nothing on the site that works, for me, to change
the password. Quite right about W 7 - it's not that.

Vodafone cant help with this one. You need to setup advanced sharing.