From: basil on
Today I had the server's help on the phone and an hour later the
laptop was cleared and wifi was working. Now I'll have to get really
serious about Apple on the one hand and W7 on the other. iPhone just
won't reach my network although it knows that the network is there.
Just won't let me JOIN.

W7 must have a fault in the Networking area. I am out of ideas for
this. Channels? Encryption? Cussedness? I can't system restore to
Vista can I? Oct 22 was the date I bought it.

nof
From: JERD on
I had the same problem.

I fixed it by resetting the 'Network Settings' on the iPhone.

My operating system however is XP Service pack #3 but it is certainly worth
a try!

JERD

From: keithr on
basil wrote:
> Today I had the server's help on the phone and an hour later the
> laptop was cleared and wifi was working. Now I'll have to get really
> serious about Apple on the one hand and W7 on the other. iPhone just
> won't reach my network although it knows that the network is there.
> Just won't let me JOIN.
>
> W7 must have a fault in the Networking area. I am out of ideas for
> this. Channels? Encryption? Cussedness? I can't system restore to
> Vista can I? Oct 22 was the date I bought it.
>
> nof

What would it have to do with W7? Aren't you connecting to a WiFi router
rather than a W7 machine? Do you have the correct encryption and
password set on the iPhone?
From: z1 on
keithr wrote:
> basil wrote:
>> Today I had the server's help on the phone and an hour later the
>> laptop was cleared and wifi was working. Now I'll have to get really
>> serious about Apple on the one hand and W7 on the other. iPhone just
>> won't reach my network although it knows that the network is there.
>> Just won't let me JOIN.
>>
>> W7 must have a fault in the Networking area. I am out of ideas for
>> this. Channels? Encryption? Cussedness? I can't system restore to
>> Vista can I? Oct 22 was the date I bought it.
>>
>> nof
>
> What would it have to do with W7? Aren't you connecting to a WiFi router
> rather than a W7 machine? Do you have the correct encryption and
> password set on the iPhone?

have a friend who wanted W7 so she got it
then found that her vodafone wireless don't work . . . hence found a new
VMC package . . . anyway works now

wonder if the Google HTC Android will go better than iPhone . . .

we need s a standard system
too many kids on the block :)
From: SG1 on

"basil" <noflynn(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Today I had the server's help on the phone and an hour later the
> laptop was cleared and wifi was working. Now I'll have to get really
> serious about Apple on the one hand and W7 on the other. iPhone just
> won't reach my network although it knows that the network is there.
> Just won't let me JOIN.
>
> W7 must have a fault in the Networking area. I am out of ideas for
> this. Channels? Encryption? Cussedness? I can't system restore to
> Vista can I? Oct 22 was the date I bought it.
>
> nof

W7 networks ONLY allow W7 machines. Blame M$ it is a feature of the OS.