From: Virus Guy on
The Scrutinizer top-poasted:

> Norton 2003 was 6 years out of date.

Doesn't matter, because it (and even NAV 2002) can be brought completely
up-to-date with a download of Symantec's Intelligent Updater package.
From: Virus Guy on
FredW wrote:

> Norton 2003 is still recommended for Windows98, being almost the
> only anti-virus program available (and updating) for that (older)
> Windows.

WRONG !!!!!

Even though NAV 2003 will run on win-98, it's not recommended because
the bloat that Norton became notorious for started with that product.
Also starting with that version is a more complex way for NAV to not be
easily re-installed to gain another year of functionality without having
to pay for it. With NAV 2002, that is very easy to do.

NAV 2002 can still be easily brought up-to-date by running the Symantec
Intelligent Updater package. Symantec claims that the package is for
NAV 2003 and higher, but it works just fine on NAV 2002.

So that's why NAV 2002 is the recommended AV product for Win-98, not NAV
2003. I even have it installed on a few XP machines.