From: The Mad Ape on
Ginny Caughey wrote:
> That sounds really interesting. How will you be doing mapping on the
> device?

ESRI has an SDK as part of their ArcGIS License. ESRI.com. They have an
off-the-shelf product called ArcMap that is fairly robust too. It reads
'shapefiles' of which one component is a dbf.

TMA
From: Alberto Silva, MVP on
Depending of the usage patterne of your app, namely if you can consider that
users are mostly online, I would leave all that import/export/convert logic
on the desktop and simply have a web service which would expose the features
and data needed by the device app.

--

Alberto Silva
http://www.moving2u.pt - R&D Manager

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Ginny Caughey on
Thanks, Mad Ape. I'm familiar with ESRI but wasn't aware they had a CE
version.

--

Ginny Caughey
Device Application Development MVP

From: The Mad Ape on
Ginny Caughey wrote:
> Thanks, Mad Ape. I'm familiar with ESRI but wasn't aware they had a CE
> version.

Hi again

I called it ArcMap when I should have said ArcPad. Sorry for that. They
also have a new one called ArcGIS Mobile.

ArcPad: http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcpad/index.html

ArcGIS Mobile: http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgismobile/index.html

Hope this helps.

TMA