From: kazik on
What is the best way to read 'dbf' files in windows mobile 5.0?
From: Ginny Caughey on
I've used the Codebase library with Windows CE successfully:
http://www.codebase.com/products/windows_ce/

I don't use DBF files on Windows Mobile today however. Instead I have a
desktop app that uses Rapi to create a SqlCe database with the data I need
from DBF files and then copies the SqlCe database to the Windows Mobile
device. Uploading data works the same way in reverse.

--

Ginny Caughey
Device Application Development MVP

From: Alberto Silva, MVP on
In addition to Ginny's reply, let me ask you how will that DBF file end up
in the device... you'll copy it manually to the device? If not, i.e., if the
device will get it from an external source, why not have the DBF file
converted to something like XML or exposed like a webservice?

--

Alberto Silva
http://www.moving2u.pt - R&D Manager

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: kazik on
My application converts XML to ESRI(shp,shx,dbf) format and ESRI to XML.
I already built this converter as desktop application and now I need to
build version of this application on windows mobile 5.0 and 6.1.

From: Ginny Caughey on
That sounds really interesting. How will you be doing mapping on the device?