From: Todd Allcock on

> >I have a Samsung Omnia (the first one) and found out on other
discussions
> > sites that Windows will not have an update to 6.5 for my phone. I do
like
> > the phone, but like most people I have a contract I can't break, and
find it
> > a little disappointing that I have to both wait, then buy a new
phone. Does
> > anyone at Microsoft care, or plan on doing anything about this.
> > Thanks
>
> The problem I believe is twofold. One; the hardware on your phone
> would not properly support 6.5. Two; there is no longer enough market
> left for your phone to invest programmer dollars.

Your latter supposition is the winner. The Omnia I hardware is more than
sufficient for WM6.5. Hackers have shoehorned 6.5 onto much less capable
devices.

From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
1. This is a letdown on Samsung's part, not on that of Microsoft.

2. you can always use so-called "cooked" ROM's if you understand the
problems (e.g., losing your warranty if you can't flash back to an official
ROM if your handset needs service). Look around on da-devs, they surely
have cooked ROM's for the Omnia.

=?Utf-8?B?b2lsbWFu?= <oilman(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in