From: colin on
On 13 Oct, 16:06, pfri...(a)yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would like to write image files (*.bmp, ...) to micro-SD card.
> I am using Spartan 3e starter kit with microblaze soft processor and a
> micro-SD adapter for PMOD extension slot (http://www.microdream-1.com/
> Pmod-B.html).
> The general idea is to write files in FAT16 file system to micro-SD
> card and then later transfer them to PC.
> Does anybody have an idea (or reference design) how to do this? Is it
> possible to use DOSFS?
>
> Thanks!

Do you need a file system whilst doing FPGA accesses? If you put the
sd card in the pc, delete every file, then create a single file which
is the size of the available space you will find that all the fat
blocks are sequential. The fpga can use the memory as a single block
which then needs simple sorting out back in the PC. I've done this
with no problem.

Colin
From: pfrinec on
Thanks everybody for really useful ideas.
I think the best solution for me would be DOSFS with SPI core because
I need to write multiple image files to micro-SD card and later make
them available to PC users.

Link to Trenz Electronic where you can purchase Micro-SD Adapter for
Xilinx PMOD Extension Slot:
http://shop.trenz-electronic.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_65&products_id=348
(Online Shop -> FPGA/CPLD Boards -> Industrial Modules)