From: T Shadow on
<hel(a)40th.com> wrote in message

> Solution: get a low-cost switch. 4-ports run about $80 or less today,
> and 8-ports not much more. You can spend much more on a switch, but if
> you look you'll find more than a few for under $100. Nothing wrong with
> a hub, but it's potentially 10x slower.
>
> '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`''`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`''`'`'`'`'`'`'`'

Bought a 5 port 10/100 Net Gear switch couple of years ago for $10(Office
Depot IIRC). Deals like that may not still be available but would expect to
pay much less than $40 now.

BTW when a switch is connected to a router a port is used on both devices so
it needs to be considered. IE a four port switch only adds 2 usable ports.
Making an 8 port switch desirable but so far haven't needed more than the
6(total) I have. Especially since the router has WiFi, which gives my iPAQ
access.

From: T Shadow on
"Beverly Howard" <Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in message
> Extremely sad that the last day of a decade old forum that has hosted
> posts which once numbered in the hundreds per day should end with such an
> expression of hate and bile from a poster who apparently doesn't know how
> to use a newsreader to deal with personal irritants.
>
> I always wonder what engenders such negative energy behind posts where the
> only purpose is to generate hurt and bad feelings... it didn't come from
> the subject of the post but in any case it clearly shows that the poster
> leads an extremely unhappy life.
>
> Vincent has been a consistent contributer of _FREE_ software for the
> windows mobile for most of it's ten year life and his work is appreciated
> by many.
>
> Thanks Vincent.
>
> Beverly Howard

+1
Have never considered it spam.

Don't forget to give one last pointer to your site, which I have found very
helpful.
http://www.bevhoward.com

Thanks to you and the other regulars who should also post a last pointer.

From: Beverly Howard on
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.pocketpc/browse_thread/thread/3a3718621bcaacbf/70937c6f4cd0cd92?

That was a looooooooooonnnnnnnnngggg time ago ;-)

fwiw, that comment came from giving my wife rebecca an early cordless
headset phone so she could talk while working in her pottery studio.

The first day she was using it, she leaned over a bucket of pottery slip
(essentially a thin "mud" mixture of chemicals and water) and the phone
promptly went to the bottom of the bucket... never to be used again.

Anyone remember the price of the original jornada? At any rate,
dropping the audible "rio" mp3 player into the same bucket would be far
less expensive.

Beverly Howard