From: Antti on
http://press.xilinx.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=212763&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1418796&highlight=

years and years of talk, now going public :)

Antti
From: stephen.craven on
On Apr 28, 3:03 am, Antti <antti.luk...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> http://press.xilinx.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=212763&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=...
>
> years and years of talk, now going public :)
>
> Antti

Could someone translate this from Marketing into Tech? Is this a hard-
core ARM that will appear in the V7?

Thanks,
Stephen
From: austin on
Stephen,

Yes.

(Sorry, I am not in Marketing, but I think you are more likely to
believe me regardless...)

Oh, and we don't know if it will be called "V7."

As soon as an engineer names a product, Marketing changes the name (so
it is 'bad luck' to name anything until it is officially named by the
Marketing folks. Who knows, maybe "7" is an unlucky number in
Argentina...naming things is a really convoluted, and an art.

Austin

From: Symon on
On 4/28/2010 3:53 PM, austin wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> Yes.
>
> (Sorry, I am not in Marketing, but I think you are more likely to
> believe me regardless...)
>
> Oh, and we don't know if it will be called "V7."
>
> As soon as an engineer names a product, Marketing changes the name (so
> it is 'bad luck' to name anything until it is officially named by the
> Marketing folks. Who knows, maybe "7" is an unlucky number in
> Argentina...naming things is a really convoluted, and an art.
>
> Austin

I wonder what will happen if Apple buy ARM?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-business/article-23826703-city-aflame-with-takeover-talk-of-arm-and-xstrata.do

�A deal would make a lot of sense for Apple,� said one trader. �That
way, they could stop ARM's technology from ending up in everyone else's
computers and gadgets.�

Syms.
From: Pete Fraser on
"Symon" <symon_brewer(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I wonder what will happen if Apple buy ARM?

There would be an interesting symmetry to that.
IIRC the original ARM (by Acorn RISC Machines)
owed quite a bit of its architecture to the 6502 used
in the BBC micro (and also in early Apples).