From: Mangler on
I am trying to figure out how to post data to a password protected
webpage via xmlHTTP. If I remove the password protection from the
page the data is being posted to, everything works as it should,
however the page needs to have the restriction on it and I am unable
to figure out how to get this to work. I tried supplying the username
and password parameters of the open method but it is not working.
Here is what I have, maybe I am just missing something that someone
can help me with :

Dim url,xmlhttp

set xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
url = "http://URL"
xmlhttp.open "POST", url, false, "USERNAME", "PASSWORD"
xmlhttp.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-
urlencoded"
xmlhttp.send "sku=111111"

From: Bob Barrows on
Could you describe your symptoms without using generic meaningless
phrases like "not working"?
Did you look at these pages? You might find your own answer:
http://www.aspfaq.com/search.asp?q=serverxmlhttp&x=6&y=6

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

From: Mangler on
On May 5, 9:22 am, "Bob Barrows" <reb01...(a)NOyahoo.SPAMcom> wrote:
> Could you describe your symptoms without using generic meaningless
> phrases like "not working"?
> Did you  look at these pages? You might find your own answer:http://www..aspfaq.com/search.asp?q=serverxmlhttp&x=6&y=6
>

> Mangler wrote:
> > I am trying to figure out how to post data to a password protected
> > webpage via xmlHTTP.  If I remove the password protection from the
> > page the data is being posted to, everything works as it should,
> > however the page needs to have the restriction on it and I am unable
> > to figure out how to get this to work.  I tried supplying the username
> > and password parameters of the open method but it is not working.
> > Here is what I have, maybe I am just missing something that someone
> > can help me with :
>
> > Dim url,xmlhttp
>
> > set xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
> >  url = "http://URL"
> > xmlhttp.open "POST", url, false, "USERNAME", "PASSWORD"
> > xmlhttp.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-
> > urlencoded"
> > xmlhttp.send "sku=111111"
>
> --
> HTH,
> Bob Barrows- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, If I put the script on the page that the data is being posted
to for password protection ( checking username session ), the error
that gets returned is access denied.
From: Dan on

"Mangler" <webmaster(a)repairresource.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to figure out how to post data to a password protected
> webpage via xmlHTTP. If I remove the password protection from the
> page the data is being posted to, everything works as it should,
> however the page needs to have the restriction on it and I am unable
> to figure out how to get this to work. I tried supplying the username
> and password parameters of the open method but it is not working.
> Here is what I have, maybe I am just missing something that someone
> can help me with :
>
> Dim url,xmlhttp
>
> set xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
> url = "http://URL"
> xmlhttp.open "POST", url, false, "USERNAME", "PASSWORD"
> xmlhttp.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-
> urlencoded"
> xmlhttp.send "sku=111111"

Is the page being posted to using Kerberos (Integrated/NTLM) for
authentication? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314404 and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291008/EN-US/ for more details. The short
answer is, it looks like ServerXMLHTTP doesn't support NTLM/Kerberos itself
and you would need to configure the local proxy settings for this, or use
Basic Authentication on the server being posted to.

--
Dan