From: Shaun Paine on
Ok,
a couple things, I'm assuming that if you get the AMI start page perhaps the
settings for USB support and or PS2 support have been turned off, thus your
keyboard / mouse may not work. you might try this , if you know how to
reset the BIOS by opening the computer and moving the bios jumper I would
try that first. alternately you can try removing the CMOS/BIOS battery for a
short time with the computer unplugged. after the CMOS/BIOS settings have
been reset try powering up the computer and see if it passes the basic AMI
bios settings page ...