From: Xiong Chiamiov on
I have to go, so this will be quick. I'm not using Wireless Zero, as
it wouldn't let me use WPA, and the DHCP service is running. And I'm
pretty sure I'm running the latest driver and utility. The download
page isn't really specific, but the files have version numbers in them,
and I have the latest ones.

From: Jeff Liebermann on
"Xiong Chiamiov" <xiong.chiamiov(a)gmail.com> hath wroth:

>I'm not using Wireless Zero, as
>it wouldn't let me use WPA,

Huh? You stated that you have XP Home SP2. SP2 plus the various
updated include WPA. No need for any support in the wireless device.
| http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=815485
| http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=009D8425-CE2B-47A4-ABEC-274845DC9E91&displaylang=en
If WPA isn't supported or doesn't work, there's something wrong with
your XP operating system or networking install.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl(a)comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
From: Robert Coe on
:
: >I'm not using Wireless Zero, as
: >it wouldn't let me use WPA,
:
: Huh? You stated that you have XP Home SP2. SP2 plus the various
: updated include WPA. No need for any support in the wireless device.
: | http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=815485
: | http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=009D8425-CE2B-47A4-ABEC-274845DC9E91&displaylang=en
: If WPA isn't supported or doesn't work, there's something wrong with
: your XP operating system or networking install.

You're not, by any chance, trying to use WPA2? That requires a hotfix that,
AFAIK, hasn't appeared in any of the usual update venues. I know that because
I just happened to run across it today! You should find it with a Google
search. Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll look up the patch number.
From: Xiong Chiamiov on
Yes, I'm using WPA2 (but just plain old WPA wouldn't work), and I
couldn't install the patch because it said I already had it. I don't
remember anymore what error I got (if any), I just remember that it
wouldn't work.

From: Xiong Chiamiov on
Some updates:
Attempting to connect with a static ip did nothing different.
When I reset the security to null, everything said that I was
connected, though I could not ping anything. I'll try resetting the
router again later, but there's quite a bit of stuff I need to do.