From: Martin-S on
I've seen this problem on a few Macs (all on 10.4) in the office:

the main project volume is stored on our XServe (10.5). Everyone has an
alias of that in their sidebar or set it up as a login item.

For some reason though, on some machines, Keychain won't save the
password (checkbox has been ticked), popping up that same annoying
dialogue box every time a user tries to connect.

I've tried repairing the keychain, even deleting it and creating a new
one from scratch, but to no avail.

What is causing this?

--
Martin
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:51:08 +0000, Martin-S <cgzjmthpzs(a)lzrpqi.net>
wrote:

>I've seen this problem on a few Macs (all on 10.4) in the office:
>
>the main project volume is stored on our XServe (10.5). Everyone has an
>alias of that in their sidebar or set it up as a login item.
>
>For some reason though, on some machines, Keychain won't save the
>password (checkbox has been ticked), popping up that same annoying
>dialogue box every time a user tries to connect.
>
>I've tried repairing the keychain, even deleting it and creating a new
>one from scratch, but to no avail.
>
>What is causing this?

Previously when I've seen that, there has often been two or more
copies of the password saved into the keychain. Removing them all and
then connecting anew has sorted it out.

But deleting the whole keychain would have a (sledgehammer type)
similar effect, so that's probably not much use...

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Come now, my child, if we were planning to harm you, do you think
we'd be lurking here, beside the path, in the very darkest part of
From: Martin-S on
In article <kh2v365185m1ieoholim30mlku6rlgjrhn(a)4ax.com>,
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> Previously when I've seen that, there has often been two or more
> copies of the password saved into the keychain. Removing them all and
> then connecting anew has sorted it out.
>
> But deleting the whole keychain would have a (sledgehammer type)
> similar effect, so that's probably not much use...

Thanks.
I only moved the keychain file to the desktop and created a new one.
When that didn't work, I moved the original back.

I just came across this:
<http://blog.davidohara.net/2007/12/19/os-x-keychain-not-saving-passwords
/>

.... suggesting it could be a permissions issue.

Will give it another try tomorrow.

--
Martin