From: Josh Davis on
my first question is i have a recipe web site up but i have tried almost
every search engine i can not seem to find any kitchen utensil clip art to
use in the ingredients sections of the recipes. The web site is:
http://shirleysrecipes.awardspace.biz. I need clip art that is applicable to
the ingredients listed. Does anyone know what i can do? My other question is
does anyone know of any free sub-domain web hosts that give the best bang for
you time, including the capability to publish office 2007 and earlier files
so they can be opened on the web instead of saved to the hard disc then
opened? I need a host that offers 5 sub-domains in one account as well as the
FrontPage Extensions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
From: Ronx on
"including the capability to publish office 2007 and earlier files
so they can be opened on the web instead of saved to the hard disc then
opened?"

I don't know any web host with that capability, free or otherwise.
A Word document (any version) is ALWAYS downloaded, then either opened in
the browser (IE only), opened in Word or saved to disc.
Any host that allows Word files (that is every host I know of) to be hosted
will work this way.

As for sub-domains, FP-extensions and Free - I doubt you will find that
combination. For low cost try http://www.webhost4life.com ($7 per month
after 1st year) and there are other, cheaper, hosts .

Try Google for the clipart - http://www.freeclipartnow.com/food/ was one
result.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
Output your recipes as .pdf's if you have Acrobat (not the just reader), or
if you don't you can use something like CutePDF, or PrimoPDF to output from
Word to a PDF file, then upload them to your web for downloading by your
viewers...almost everyone has Acrobat Reader.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

From: Tina Clarke on
"Josh Davis" <JoshDavis(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my first question is i have a recipe web site up but i have tried almost
> every search engine i can not seem to find any kitchen utensil clip art to
> use in the ingredients sections of the recipes. The web site is:
> http://shirleysrecipes.awardspace.biz. I need clip art that is applicable
> the ingredients listed. Does anyone know what i can do? My other question
> is
> does anyone know of any free sub-domain web hosts that give the best bang
> for
> you time, including the capability to publish office 2007 and earlier
> files
> so they can be opened on the web instead of saved to the hard disc then
> opened? I need a host that offers 5 sub-domains in one account as well as
> the
> FrontPage Extensions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try bluehost.com
try http://sxc.hu/
I agree with Rob pdf's thought I hate them as a user) are best.

but what kind of office files? word excel what? what kind of content? You
might be better putting it as actual content within the web.

Tina
Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Ebook v2.0
New version includes help for EW 3.0
Find out how to transition from fp to ew with ease
http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/ebook.html

From: Hot-text on
Lemon Pound Cake mm mm Good Free recipes

host that offers 5 sub-domains O yes your PC is the one that can do it!
Web Server 3.5 http://www.networkactiv.com/WebServer.html

Here a FreeWare recipes for you

http://www.hot-text.ath.cx/pub/webserver.bmp <<<a Screen Capture of my 5
sub-domains!

You need a FTP:// Server http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla
http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/files/FileZilla%20Server/0.9.34/FileZilla_Server-0_9_34.exe/download

You need a sub-domains Names http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DynDNS
Dynamic DNS Free (DDNS) is a free domain name service allowing aliasing of
dynamic (DHCP) IP addresses to static hostnames.
@ http://www.dyndns.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL_redirection

http://www.kanasolution.com << ip redirection for Dynamic DNS Free

A Screen Capture of at work it http://www.hot-text.ath.cx/pub/dyndns.jpg