From: Goatherder on
I use Frontpage 2002 (ver. 10) on 32 bit XP operating system. I am moving to
64 bit Windows 7. Will Frontpage work? What problems will I encounter? Are
there uupgrades needed or should I move to more modern version of Frontpage?

Thanks in Advance,

From: Ronx on
Some users have no problems with FrontPage on Windows 7
(any version), others find that the program crashes with
an "Out of Memory" error when saving or publishing.

If you get the error, the solution is to install XPmode
(you need Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate edition,
Home does not support XPmode.) and install FrontPage
in the XP virtual machine.

Otherwise, upgrade to Expression Web - there is a trial at
http://www.microsoft.com/expression

Goatherder expressed precisely :

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: Stephen Wolstenholme on
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:25:01 -0800, Goatherder
<Goatherder(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I use Frontpage 2002 (ver. 10) on 32 bit XP operating system. I am moving to
>64 bit Windows 7. Will Frontpage work? What problems will I encounter? Are
>there uupgrades needed or should I move to more modern version of Frontpage?
>
>Thanks in Advance,

It's not exactly what you want to know but Frontpage 2003 works OK on
both 32 and 64 bit W7.

Steve

Neural network applications, help and support.
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:25:01 -0800, Goatherder
> <Goatherder(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I use Frontpage 2002 (ver. 10) on 32 bit XP operating system. I am moving
>> to 64 bit Windows 7. Will Frontpage work? What problems will I encounter?
>> Are there uupgrades needed or should I move to more modern version of
>> Frontpage?
>>
>> Thanks in Advance,
>
> It's not exactly what you want to know but Frontpage 2003 works OK on
> both 32 and 64 bit W7.

That's just not true. Try doing a SaveAs.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Stephen Wolstenholme on
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:27:27 -0800, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:25:01 -0800, Goatherder
>> <Goatherder(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I use Frontpage 2002 (ver. 10) on 32 bit XP operating system. I am moving
>>> to 64 bit Windows 7. Will Frontpage work? What problems will I encounter?
>>> Are there uupgrades needed or should I move to more modern version of
>>> Frontpage?
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance,
>>
>> It's not exactly what you want to know but Frontpage 2003 works OK on
>> both 32 and 64 bit W7.
>
>That's just not true. Try doing a SaveAs.

I've just tried it on 32 bit W7 and it worked. I'll try it on 64 bit
W7 when I get on the machine.

Steve

Neural network applications, help and support.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: ACK! FrontPage deleted my forum.
Next: 2 Questions