From: Karl E. Peterson on
Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
> Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
>
>> Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

>>> It's not exactly what you want to know but Frontpage 2003 works OK on
>>> both 32 and 64 bit W7.
>>
>> That's just not true. Try doing a SaveAs.
>
> I've just tried it on 32 bit W7 and it worked. I'll try it on 64 bit
> W7 when I get on the machine.

Man, it definitely doesn't here. I'm running x64, though. Only thing
I could do, to save my sanity, was to install it in an XP VM.

It occurs to me, maybe we need to define "worked"? You don't get those
funky "Out of Memory" errors? I seemed to get one for each file in the
target folder, as I recall. Here's the exact text:

"An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory available to
complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory
avialable, then try again."

Followed by an "Unable to save the file."

Of course, I have about 10GB free. <smirk>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Stephen Wolstenholme on
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:14:35 -0800, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
>> Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:

>>> That's just not true. Try doing a SaveAs.
>>
>> I've just tried it on 32 bit W7 and it worked. I'll try it on 64 bit
>> W7 when I get on the machine.
>
>Man, it definitely doesn't here. I'm running x64, though. Only thing
>I could do, to save my sanity, was to install it in an XP VM.
>
>It occurs to me, maybe we need to define "worked"? You don't get those
>funky "Out of Memory" errors? I seemed to get one for each file in the
>target folder, as I recall. Here's the exact text:
>
> "An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory available to
>complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory
>avialable, then try again."
>
>Followed by an "Unable to save the file."
>
>Of course, I have about 10GB free. <smirk>

I have now tried Frontpage 2003 on a 64 bit W7 and the only problem I
see is that the file name cannot be changed in Save As. I have never
had a problem with "Out of Memory" errors. The problems must be
related to the actual file/site being edited. I only use Frontpage to
create and edit local files. I use WSFTP to download/upload the sites.

Steve

Neural network applications, help and support.
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
> I have now tried Frontpage 2003 on a 64 bit W7 and the only problem I
> see is that the file name cannot be changed in Save As. I have never
> had a problem with "Out of Memory" errors. The problems must be
> related to the actual file/site being edited. I only use Frontpage to
> create and edit local files. I use WSFTP to download/upload the sites.

I wonder if that's the problem? I only use it against FPSE-enabled
webs on Windows Server 2003 and XP.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org