From: Brian A on
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 03:01:03 -0700, John Walliker wrote:

> On 1 July, 00:30, andy <andy.gg...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 30 June, 13:19, "Matthew.Ridges" <n...(a)host.com> wrote:
>>
>> > is it possible to have two numbers on one sim ?
>
> AAISP are doing this now with their mobile service which rebadges 3 (3G
> only)
>
> John
There are some phones that will take 2 SIMs. With some you have to switch
between the SIMs but some can actually operate 2 SIMs at once. I've only
read about this, I've not actually tried one.

--
Please remove 'no_spam_' from email address. SAVE THE BBC Sign petition
http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_bbc/
From: alexd on
Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.mobile Job Justification Hearings, Brian A
chose the tried and tested strategy of:

> Sorry Chris, I disagree with you on the Windows v Linux thing.

Well done Chris, that's two inside one week!

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm(a)ale.cx)
22:49:32 up 5 days, 10:17, 6 users, load average: 0.04, 0.04, 0.04

From: Brian A on
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 09:32:19 +0000, Chris wrote:

> Hello Brian,
>
> Brian A <no_spam_bca1000(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry Chris, I disagree with you on the Windows v Linux thing. Linux is
>> by far the superior OS. If it wasn't why would 97% of the world's
>> supercomputers use it. The vast majority of web servers use Linux.
>> Google has banned the use of Windows, by its staff, and only allows Mac
>> (linux based) or Linux because they say Windows is not secure enough.
>> Microsoft paid little attention to their Internet Explorer browser for
>> years until Firefox started to make in-roads. They copied tabbed
>> browsing from Mozilla as well as other features. I ditched Windows a
>> long time ago. For most people Ubuntu Linux, for example, will do all
>> they need. If I set any computers up for anyone now I install Ubuntu
>> and gleefully delete any existing Windows installation. There is always
>> a Linux program to do just about anything you want to do. I could go on
>> and on and on...
>>

> I really don't know much about your faith in God, but if it comes to
> computer security, after reading this[1] very recent and impartial
> review on Ubunto Linux you will definitely agree that Microsoft's
> excellent flagship Windows Vista is the superior OS.
> May the Lord be your guardian,
>
> Chris
>

> [1]http://shelleytherepublican.com/2010/05/17/strs-annual-linux-
review.aspx
Couldn't see that site. The WOT add-on on Firefox blocked it as a site
with 'a poor reputation'.

From: Bob Eager on
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 20:02:10 +0000, Brian A wrote:

> Sorry Chris, I disagree with you on the Windows v Linux thing. Linux is
> by far the superior OS. If it wasn't why would 97% of the world's
> supercomputers use it. The vast majority of web servers use Linux.
> Google has banned the use of Windows, by its staff, and only allows Mac
> (linux based) or Linux because they say Windows is not secure enough.

MacOS is not Linux based. It is a proper UNIX, not a jumped up UNIX
wannabe.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

From: Bob Eager on
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 20:02:10 +0000, Brian A wrote:

> The vast majority of web servers use Linux.

Can you please point me at the source of this statistic? Or do you just
mean that they use Apache?