From: Laura on
I tried installing 2008 H&B on my win 7 machine last night. Installation
went fine. Updates download too without any issues.

I copied my Q folders from my other machine and opened one of the files.
So far so good.

Then I did a OSU and things went down hill from here...OSU seemed to be
doing fine until it completed. Got several strange dates in the status
screen. Worse..the program froze.

I closed Quicken and reopened it. I checked each account and nothing
waiting to be accepted.

I know several regulars have said they have run 2008 on win 7 without
any issues. I'd really like to get this to work on this machine.

Are there tricks to getting this to work on a win 7 machine or should I
bite the bullet and upgrade to 2010?

thanks,
Laura
From: Zaidy036 on
In article <hpapgg$sti$1(a)optima5.xanadu-bbs.net>, invalid(a)sample.invalid
says...

> I tried installing 2008 H&B on my win 7 machine last night. Installation
> went fine. Updates download too without any issues.
>
> I copied my Q folders from my other machine and opened one of the files.
> So far so good.
>
> Then I did a OSU and things went down hill from here...OSU seemed to be
> doing fine until it completed. Got several strange dates in the status
> screen. Worse..the program froze.
>
> I closed Quicken and reopened it. I checked each account and nothing
> waiting to be accepted.
>
> I know several regulars have said they have run 2008 on win 7 without
> any issues. I'd really like to get this to work on this machine.
>
> Are there tricks to getting this to work on a win 7 machine or should I
> bite the bullet and upgrade to 2010?
>
> thanks,
> Laura

Where did you put the Q folders from your old machine ?

Win 7 requires data to be in a NON-PROGRAM location. Something like "C:\Users
\Laura\AppData\Local\Quicken\BACKUP"

I suggest that you:
1. On the new Win 7 uninstall Q and then reinstall.
2. On your old machine run Q for EACH file: Validate and then Backup.
3. Copy the Backup folder on the old machine.
4. Replace the Win 7 Backup folder with the old one.
5. On Win 7 run Q and RESTORE one of the backup files
6. Now try an update.

From: Laura on
Zaidy036 wrote:
> In article <hpapgg$sti$1(a)optima5.xanadu-bbs.net>, invalid(a)sample.invalid
> says...
>> I tried installing 2008 H&B on my win 7 machine last night. Installation
>> went fine. Updates download too without any issues.
>>
>> I copied my Q folders from my other machine and opened one of the files.
>> So far so good.
>>
>> Then I did a OSU and things went down hill from here...OSU seemed to be
>> doing fine until it completed. Got several strange dates in the status
>> screen. Worse..the program froze.
>>
>> I closed Quicken and reopened it. I checked each account and nothing
>> waiting to be accepted.
>>
>> I know several regulars have said they have run 2008 on win 7 without
>> any issues. I'd really like to get this to work on this machine.
>>
>> Are there tricks to getting this to work on a win 7 machine or should I
>> bite the bullet and upgrade to 2010?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Laura
>
> Where did you put the Q folders from your old machine ?
>
> Win 7 requires data to be in a NON-PROGRAM location. Something like "C:\Users
> \Laura\AppData\Local\Quicken\BACKUP"

Quicken added a "Quicken" folder to c:\users\laura\My documents so I
just copied the files to that location.

> I suggest that you:
> 1. On the new Win 7 uninstall Q and then reinstall.
> 2. On your old machine run Q for EACH file: Validate and then Backup.
> 3. Copy the Backup folder on the old machine.
> 4. Replace the Win 7 Backup folder with the old one.
> 5. On Win 7 run Q and RESTORE one of the backup files
> 6. Now try an update.

I'll do that in the morning and let you know if that works...thanks for
the tips.