From: Jeff on
Using Quicken 2008 Deluxe in Windows 7.
Suddenly today, after downloading transactions, as Q went through it
"comparing transactions" a window popped up saying
"Split ratio exceeds 1000:1 maximum". There was only button option on
it: OK, so I clicked on it and the comparison continued and everything
else seemed normal.

Happened in 2 investment accounts and I have never seen this error
before. What does it mean and what should I do?

Jeff
From: Jeff on
On 4/4/2010 11:34 PM, Jeff(a)nospam.fake wrote:
> Using Quicken 2008 Deluxe in Windows 7.
> Suddenly today, after downloading transactions, as Q went through it
> "comparing transactions" a window popped up saying
> "Split ratio exceeds 1000:1 maximum". There was only button option on
> it: OK, so I clicked on it and the comparison continued and everything
> else seemed normal.
>
> Happened in 2 investment accounts and I have never seen this error
> before. What does it mean and what should I do?
>
> Jeff
Additional info: this occurred in 2 accounts in which equities had been
transferred to another account but not yet recorded.
From: John Pollard on
Jeff(a)nospam.fake wrote:
> On 4/4/2010 11:34 PM, Jeff(a)nospam.fake wrote:
>> Using Quicken 2008 Deluxe in Windows 7.
>> Suddenly today, after downloading transactions, as Q went through it
>> "comparing transactions" a window popped up saying
>> "Split ratio exceeds 1000:1 maximum". There was only button option on
>> it: OK, so I clicked on it and the comparison continued and
>> everything else seemed normal.
>>
>> Happened in 2 investment accounts and I have never seen this error
>> before. What does it mean and what should I do?
>>

> Additional info: this occurred in 2 accounts in which equities had
> been transferred to another account but not yet recorded.

Did any of your securities recently undergo a stock "split"? Did your
financial institution (or Quicken's price servers) download a stock split
transaction?

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: Jeff on
On 4/5/2010 10:51 AM, John Pollard wrote:
> Jeff(a)nospam.fake wrote:
>> On 4/4/2010 11:34 PM, Jeff(a)nospam.fake wrote:
>>> Using Quicken 2008 Deluxe in Windows 7.
>>> Suddenly today, after downloading transactions, as Q went through it
>>> "comparing transactions" a window popped up saying
>>> "Split ratio exceeds 1000:1 maximum". There was only button option on
>>> it: OK, so I clicked on it and the comparison continued and
>>> everything else seemed normal.
>>>
>>> Happened in 2 investment accounts and I have never seen this error
>>> before. What does it mean and what should I do?
>>>

>> Additional info: this occurred in 2 accounts in which equities had
>> been transferred to another account but not yet recorded.
>
> Did any of your securities recently undergo a stock "split"? Did your
> financial institution (or Quicken's price servers) download a stock split
> transaction?

hard to know. There were many transactions. I will look for it.
Anyway, everything seems correct.
From: John Pollard on
Jeff(a)nospam.fake wrote:
> On 4/5/2010 10:51 AM, John Pollard wrote:
>> Jeff(a)nospam.fake wrote:

>>> Additional info: this occurred in 2 accounts in which equities had
>>> been transferred to another account but not yet recorded.
>>
>> Did any of your securities recently undergo a stock "split"? Did
>> your financial institution (or Quicken's price servers) download a
>> stock split transaction?

> hard to know. There were many transactions. I will look for it.
> Anyway, everything seems correct.

You can see that same message if you initiate a stock split transaction
and enter a number greater than 1000 for new shares and 1 for old shares.

If you really had a stock split with a ratio greater than 1000 to 1; I
think you'd have to use multiple split transactions to achieve the desired
end result.