From: Ira on
Greets,

I download my Merrill Lynch accounts directly into Quicken via 1 step
update. Occasionally, funds change from Class B to Class A, or Class A
to Class 1, and I do not really know about it until the download occurs.

The problem is that Quicken pops up a box on such an exchange
transaction asking what stock "XXXXXXX" is. You cannot cancel or
otherwise abort; you MUST make a selection ... in the dark.

I have, in the past, made selections to what I thought was the stock,
but it turned out that I simply selected the original holding. Now each
time Quicken does a 1 step update, it tells me that I have 0 when I
should have 200, and that I have 200 when I should have 0.

Does anyone know how to remove the association Quicken makes between the
information downloaded from a broker and the stock you hold in your
portfolio? The error message (which, by the way, is trying to force me
to make an adjustment; which will result in an incorrect basis) is VERY
annoying.

Thanks!
From: Ira on
On 4/5/2010 6:26 PM, John Pollard wrote:
> Edit the security in the Security List; uncheck the box, "Matched with
> online security". Go to the Online Center, select the Holdings tab for
> the financial institution and initiate a "Compare to Register". That
> should ask you that same question (whether the security is the same as one
> you already have in Quicken, or is new).
>
> If by some chance, you can't do a Compare to Register, just wait for the
> next download from that fi; you'll get asked the question again.

John - The box for "MATCHED WITH ONLINE SECURITY" is already unchecked
*AND* grayed out (I am on Q2010). Any other ideas as to how to correct?