From: jgurgul on
Hi

I think most would agree that 64 bit is the way forward for nearly all cases.

However sometimes due to hardware or software incompatibility this may not
be a viable option and it is important to verify that what you wish to place
on this platform will work as you expect.

The licensing model has change quite a lot in the past few years so it may
have lower cost implications depending on if you are using cals or perhaps a
virtualized environment etc.

Cost should be secondary to your choice of version, but paying extra
thousands should be examined in the context of your environment/solution and
the true benefit you get from doing so.

64 bit early uptake&support was rocky and it is understandable that some
feel that 32 bit is safer, but the tide has already turned very heavily
towards 64bit.

Jon