From: Don McKenzie on

so many people took advantage of the $399 eee-pc-1000he netbook sale
last time, I felt I better mention that it is on again.

http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/

I noticed some users experienced a few problems, but they seem to have
overcome them.

I had a problem yesterday, that I ended up spending quite a bit of time on.

Wireless network card went missing. I had installed a 2 gig ram to
replace the one gig ram that it came with. You need to do an F2, get
into bios, then a save via F10, and the 2 gig is recognized. I did a
small write up on this on the EEE user group.

However, did I upset the WLAN, and accidentally disable it, when I
jumped into BIOS?

I guess I must have. (Silly Old Fart Syndrome)

All is well now, and I have no further reason to buy yet another $399
netbook. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Breakout, Prototype, Development, & Robotics Boards:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/sparkfun-electronics.html
From: SolomonW on
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:24:34 +1100, Don McKenzie wrote:

> so many people took advantage of the $399 eee-pc-1000he netbook sale
> last time, I felt I better mention that it is on again.
>
> http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/
>
> I noticed some users experienced a few problems, but they seem to have
> overcome them.
>
> I had a problem yesterday, that I ended up spending quite a bit of time on.
>
> Wireless network card went missing. I had installed a 2 gig ram to
> replace the one gig ram that it came with. You need to do an F2, get
> into bios, then a save via F10, and the 2 gig is recognized. I did a
> small write up on this on the EEE user group.
>
> However, did I upset the WLAN, and accidentally disable it, when I
> jumped into BIOS?
>
> I guess I must have. (Silly Old Fart Syndrome)
>
> All is well now, and I have no further reason to buy yet another $399
> netbook. :-)
>
> Cheers Don...

Dsm, I just spent $459.00 on one.
From: L.A.T. on

"Don McKenzie" <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message

> so many people took advantage of the $399 eee-pc-1000he netbook sale last
> time, I felt I better mention that it is on again.
>
> http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/

snip

I bought another one.
It needs me.

From: L.A.T. on

"L.A.T." <tt92(a)ispdr.net.au> wrote in message

> "Don McKenzie" <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message
>>
>> so many people took advantage of the $399 eee-pc-1000he netbook sale last
>> time, I felt I better mention that it is on again.
>>
>> http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/
>>
> snip
>
> I bought another one.

Yesterday. I copied across data files in readiness to install software.
I have installed avg, tidied up desktop shortcuts.
I used Add/Remove programs to remove the MS Office 2007 trial software.
Since then, booting, which was previously less than a minute now takes in
excess of 4 minutes.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

From: David L. Jones on
L.A.T. wrote:
> "L.A.T." <tt92(a)ispdr.net.au> wrote in message
>>
>> "Don McKenzie" <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message
>>>
>>> so many people took advantage of the $399 eee-pc-1000he netbook
>>> sale last time, I felt I better mention that it is on again.
>>>
>>> http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/
>>>
>> snip
>>
>> I bought another one.
>

> Yesterday. I copied across data files in readiness to install
> software. I have installed avg, tidied up desktop shortcuts.
> I used Add/Remove programs to remove the MS Office 2007 trial
> software. Since then, booting, which was previously less than a
> minute now takes in excess of 4 minutes.

I've done the same thing, removed Office 2007 (installed 2003) and installed
free AVG.
No problems, boots in one minute.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com