From: Ben Myers on
On 3/25/2010 12:19 PM, Justin Credible wrote:

> "Geoff" <nospam(a)nospamformeplease.invalid> wrote in message
>> http://www.browserchoice.eu/
>>
>> the other replys answer your question
>>
>> i suggest you use something else to view your webpages on though...
>
> Yeah, I'm getting rather tired with the "this page has been displayed in
> compatibility mode, a problem with this webpage........."
>
> Nothing to do with a buggy browser then?

IE 8 is known to have problems displaying pages which were perfect with
earlier versions of IE. Leave it to Microsoft! Then they wonder why
vast hordes have not run out to buy a Windows 7 upgrade which forces you
to use IE 8. (Actually, you can also use Firefox, Safari, Opera, or
Chrome.) And corporate/govt America is moving slowly toward Win 7 for
the self-same reason. The hillsides are dotted with home-grown internal
web applications which happen to be mission-critical to the operation.
I'm sure this is true in other countries as well... Ben Myers
From: Daddy on
Ben Myers wrote:
> On 3/25/2010 12:19 PM, Justin Credible wrote:
>>
>> "Geoff" <nospam(a)nospamformeplease.invalid> wrote in message
>>> http://www.browserchoice.eu/
>>>
>>> the other replys answer your question
>>>
>>> i suggest you use something else to view your webpages on though...
>>
>> Yeah, I'm getting rather tired with the "this page has been displayed in
>> compatibility mode, a problem with this webpage........."
>>
>> Nothing to do with a buggy browser then?
>
> IE 8 is known to have problems displaying pages which were perfect with
> earlier versions of IE. Leave it to Microsoft! Then they wonder why
> vast hordes have not run out to buy a Windows 7 upgrade which forces you
> to use IE 8. (Actually, you can also use Firefox, Safari, Opera, or
> Chrome.) And corporate/govt America is moving slowly toward Win 7 for
> the self-same reason. The hillsides are dotted with home-grown internal
> web applications which happen to be mission-critical to the operation.
> I'm sure this is true in other countries as well... Ben Myers

So...if they try to become more standards-compliant, they get righteous
indignation from people whose web applications aren't
standards-compliant. And if they retain backwards compatibility, they
get righteous indignation from people who complain that they're not more
standards compliant. For people who enjoy raging against the machine,
this is a win-win.

Daddy
From: Tony Harding on
On 03/26/10 11:29, WaIIy wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 01:25:55 -0400, Daddy<daddy(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> So...if they try to become more standards-compliant, they get righteous
>> indignation from people whose web applications aren't
>> standards-compliant. And if they retain backwards compatibility, they
>> get righteous indignation from people who complain that they're not more
>> standards compliant. For people who enjoy raging against the machine,
>> this is a win-win.
>>
>> Daddy
>

> Did you take the Microsoft logic course ?

Yup, failed it, too <beaming>! :)
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Mouse and paste across computers