From: Justin Credible on
Got Win7 64-bit installed on my Inspiron and I have two different IE entries
in the Start/All Programs menu.

Bog standard IE and IE (64-bit).

What's the difference? The BBC website, for example, displays identically
in both?

From: Daddy on
Justin Credible wrote:
> Got Win7 64-bit installed on my Inspiron and I have two different IE
> entries in the Start/All Programs menu.
>
> Bog standard IE and IE (64-bit).
>
> What's the difference? The BBC website, for example, displays
> identically in both?

The 64-bit version of Windows 7 ships with 32-bit and a 64-bit versions
of Internet Explorer 8. Most casual users use the 32-bit version because
there's no Flash (yet) and almost no ActiveX (yet) for 64-bit.

Daddy
From: Christopher Muto on
Daddy wrote:
> Justin Credible wrote:
>> Got Win7 64-bit installed on my Inspiron and I have two different IE
>> entries in the Start/All Programs menu.
>>
>> Bog standard IE and IE (64-bit).
>>
>> What's the difference? The BBC website, for example, displays
>> identically in both?
>
> The 64-bit version of Windows 7 ships with 32-bit and a 64-bit versions
> of Internet Explorer 8. Most casual users use the 32-bit version because
> there's no Flash (yet) and almost no ActiveX (yet) for 64-bit.
>
> Daddy

what he said, plus this might help you understand it more fully...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896457
From: Geoff on
On 24/03/2010 17:27, Justin Credible wrote:
> Got Win7 64-bit installed on my Inspiron and I have two different IE
> entries in the Start/All Programs menu.
>
> Bog standard IE and IE (64-bit).
>
> What's the difference? The BBC website, for example, displays
> identically in both?

http://www.browserchoice.eu/

the other replys answer your question

i suggest you use something else to view your webpages on though...
From: Justin Credible on

"Geoff" <nospam(a)nospamformeplease.invalid> wrote in message
> http://www.browserchoice.eu/
>
> the other replys answer your question
>
> i suggest you use something else to view your webpages on though...

Yeah, I'm getting rather tired with the "this page has been displayed in
compatibility mode, a problem with this webpage........."

Nothing to do with a buggy browser then?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Mouse and paste across computers
Next: PCI-E 2.0