From: michael1353135 on
64 bit version is a complete re-write, not an upgrade to 64bit
processors.

And keeping the source closed has guarateed us developers privacy
and peace of mind, which is required for keeping a clear direction.

So it's too early to talk about the licensing changes, though I'm
open
for suggestions.

And x64 is a young platform. Who knows what the future will
bring to us asmers :)

From: Betov on
michael1353135(a)yahoo.com �crivait news:1172604343.761443.176450
@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

> 64 bit version is a complete re-write, not an upgrade to 64bit
> processors.

Ready for 128 bits ?!

:(

> And keeping the source closed has guarateed us developers privacy
> and peace of mind, which is required for keeping a clear direction.

No. keeping the source closed is keeping the source closed.
Period. The GPL never ment disorder and you don't need the
GPL for introducing disorder.

Also, a bit of intellectual honnesty would not hurt, here:
It is completely clear that, when one "rewrites completely"
a Project for porting it from 32 (GPL) to 64 (Anti-GPL),
there must be another reason than the port itself. As a
matter of fact: The Anti-ethical License.

> So it's too early to talk about the licensing changes, though I'm
> open
> for suggestions.

Excuse me, but even though i don't know who you are, i strongly
suspect a liar, here. A license choice is all about ethic and
nothing about time. If you have no ethical concerns, time will
never buy you any, and there is absolutely nothing to be discussed
about licensing: It is GPL or Anti-GPL. Period.

> And x64 is a young platform. Who knows what the future will
> bring to us asmers :)

Just ask me, i'll tell you an old story.

:(

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Bodhi on
Betov wrote:
> michael1353135(a)yahoo.com �crivait news:1172604343.761443.176450
> @p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

<snip>

> Ready for 128 bits ?!

<snip>

> No. keeping the source closed is keeping the source closed.
> Period. The GPL never ment disorder and you don't need the
> GPL for introducing disorder.
>
> Also, a bit of intellectual honnesty would not hurt, here:
> It is completely clear that, when one "rewrites completely"
> a Project for porting it from 32 (GPL) to 64 (Anti-GPL),
> there must be another reason than the port itself. As a
> matter of fact: The Anti-ethical License.

<snip>

> Excuse me, but even though i don't know who you are, i strongly
> suspect a liar, here. A license choice is all about ethic and
> nothing about time. If you have no ethical concerns, time will
> never buy you any, and there is absolutely nothing to be discussed
> about licensing: It is GPL or Anti-GPL. Period.

<snip>

You forgot to mention this, but I'll be glad to do it for you:
This is all nothing more than the regurgitation of your often repeated
and highly biased opinion. Period.

You would do well to remember that not everyone subscribes to The Gospel
According to Rene.

Thank-you and have a wonderful day,
Bodhi Rama

From: Betov on
Bodhi <bodhi(a)dharma.net> �crivait news:e-
2dnVo5mdGyDnnYnZ2dnUVZ_oGlnZ2d(a)giganews.com:

> <snip>

Right.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Wolfgang Kern on

michael wrote:

[about processors and OS]

> And keeping the source closed has guarateed us developers privacy
> and peace of mind, which is required for keeping a clear direction.

> So it's too early to talk about the licensing changes, though I'm
> open for suggestions.
>
> And x64 is a young platform. Who knows what the future will
> bring to us asmers :)

I appreciate every attepmt to go 'new ways' apart from the M$-dictate.

Good luck, and may the Lords Light,Helm,Magic and Logic protect you.

__
wolfgang