From: Rich on
And no new DSLR's. 65 is how many cruddy P&S cameras were introduced in
the last three weeks by the manufacturers. Why? What is the point, to
wallpaper Walmart and Best Buy shelves? Is this like grocery stores where
camera companies have to pay to get preferential positioning on shelves?
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if nearly all of these cameras come out
of the same 2-3 factories in China.

From: Ray Fischer on
Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>And no new DSLR's. 65 is how many cruddy P&S cameras were introduced in

Rich hates everything.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Anon on

"Rich" <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> And no new DSLR's. 65 is how many cruddy P&S cameras were introduced in
> the last three weeks by the manufacturers. Why? What is the point, to
> wallpaper Walmart and Best Buy shelves? Is this like grocery stores where
> camera companies have to pay to get preferential positioning on shelves?
> Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if nearly all of these cameras come out
> of the same 2-3 factories in China.

The PMA Show starts in 2 weeks, there is still time for a bunch of crappy
plastic dSLRs to make you happy Rich/RichA

From: Anon on

"Rich" <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> And no new DSLR's. 65 is how many cruddy P&S cameras were introduced in
> the last three weeks by the manufacturers. Why? What is the point, to
> wallpaper Walmart and Best Buy shelves? Is this like grocery stores where
> camera companies have to pay to get preferential positioning on shelves?
> Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if nearly all of these cameras come out
> of the same 2-3 factories in China.

Pre PMA Show, Canon announced the T2i an 18mp Digital Rebel today... Or the
Video Rebel mk.II. More than enough plastic in it to get Rich all frothed
up!

PMA starts in just under 2 weeks!

From: Robert Coe on
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 22:13:05 +0000 (UTC), "Anon" <none(a)none.invalid> wrote:
:
: "Rich" <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
: news:ba2dnQPQvb6mlPDWnZ2dnUVZ_samnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
: > And no new DSLR's. 65 is how many cruddy P&S cameras were introduced
: > in the last three weeks by the manufacturers. Why? What is the point,
: > tp wallpaper Walmart and Best Buy shelves? Is this like grocery stores
: > where camera companies have to pay to get preferential positioning on
: > shelves? Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if nearly all of these
: > cameras come out of the same 2-3 factories in China.
: >
: Pre PMA Show, Canon announced the T2i an 18mp Digital Rebel today...
: Or the Video Rebel mk.II. More than enough plastic in it to get Rich
: all frothed up!
:
: PMA starts in just under 2 weeks!

I understand that Anderson Technologies will announce the Andershot A-1, a
DSLR made entirely of depleted uranium. The word on the sidewalk is that
that's why Canon announced early.

Bob
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2