From: Anders Carlsson on
Linards Ticmanis <ticmanis(a)gmx.de> writes:

> what is "the high byte of the target address of the operand"
> in the indirect-y case (93)?

I'd suppose it means what it says. If $FB=33, $FC=$71, .Y=0, the
result probably is the same as in the absolute case, only it takes
one more cycle to perform: AXA ($FB),Y

--
Anders Carlsson
From: sicklittlemonkey on
It might have been naivety for some, but also perhaps the necessity for
obfuscation. I'm trying to get hold of original titles that used such
opcodes to see whether there was really a need or advantage.

Cheers,
Nick.

From: Michael J. Mahon on
sicklittlemonkey wrote:
> It might have been naivety for some, but also perhaps the necessity for
> obfuscation. I'm trying to get hold of original titles that used such
> opcodes to see whether there was really a need or advantage.

There are infinitely many ways to make a program obscure without
making it hardware accident-dependent. ;-)

-michael

Music synthesis for 8-bit Apple II's!
Home page: http://members.aol.com/MJMahon/

"The wastebasket is our most important design
tool--and it is seriously underused."
From: Linards Ticmanis on
Thanks for all your helpful replies, which are going to find their way
into an AppleWin improvement soon, if all goes well.

I'm still not quite happy with some ugly details that I haven't seen
documented too well:

1.) Operation of ARR ($6B) when the decimal flag is SET.

2.) Exact operation of decimal mode ADC and SBC in both the 6502 and the
65C02.

I'll take a look at the VICE code first. Do you know of any other GOOD
code for this?

Best wishes,
--
Linards Ticmanis
From: tjentzsch on
Actually there are some nice and reliable(!) opcodes which save space
and CPU time. Especially LAX, DCP, ISC and the various NOPs are used by
many homebrew programmers for the Atari 2600 console.

Just stay away from those which are marked as unreliable (e.g. see
http://oxyron.de/html/opcodes02.html)

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: what happened CBM=VGA