From: Ike on
This is a Toshiba R600-4201 laptop, running XP Pro SP3. Bluetooth sync
worked fine previously, but doesn't now. After assigning a virtual port
and selecting [computer name], I press HOTSYNC and it never gets past
"Connecting with the desktop via [computer name]"

From: kronhead on
And just to clarify, if you go into hotsync, you only have one choice
of virtual ports? I think I had com10 and com11 - and, I think after a
reboot, sometimes the XP BT software would use one, and sometimes the
other - and I would have to go into hotsync to find (guess) the active
one.

Other than that - is the BT adapter built in to the laptop? If not -
are you willing to try another one? Perhaps a small (well, moderate)
investment to get this to work ... I am using an Anycom USB-500 - very
low profile, so I can leave it on the laptop all the time.

Good luck!
Dan