From: Lon on
On my previous laptop it worked perfectly, with a very robust
connection. Now I have a new laptop with the same Bluetooth
hardware/software/rev, but cannot get hotsync set up.

It may well be my old memory...

Is there a step-by-step guide anywhere?

Thanks!

Lon
From: Jim Anderson on
In article <hfscj8$ou4$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
londotpennelli(a)gmail.com says...

<http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/21382_en.html>
From: Lon on
On 12/10/2009 8:08 PM, Jim Anderson wrote:
> In article<hfscj8$ou4$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> londotpennelli(a)gmail.com says...
>> On my previous laptop it worked perfectly, with a very robust
>> connection. Now I have a new laptop with the same Bluetooth
>> hardware/software/rev, but cannot get hotsync set up.
>>
>> It may well be my old memory...
>>
>> Is there a step-by-step guide anywhere?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Lon
>>

> <http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/21382_en.html>

That process doesn't seem to work for the Palm 755p. I tried several
permutations of the sequence, and no go.

But thanks!
From: Richard B. Gilbert on
Lon wrote:
> On 12/10/2009 8:08 PM, Jim Anderson wrote:
>> In article<hfscj8$ou4$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
>> londotpennelli(a)gmail.com says...
>>> On my previous laptop it worked perfectly, with a very robust
>>> connection. Now I have a new laptop with the same Bluetooth
>>> hardware/software/rev, but cannot get hotsync set up.
>>>
>>> It may well be my old memory...
>>>
>>> Is there a step-by-step guide anywhere?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Lon
>>>

>> <http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/21382_en.html>
>
> That process doesn't seem to work for the Palm 755p. I tried several
> permutations of the sequence, and no go.
>
> But thanks!

You might try on a different computer and/or a different phone.
Something is obviously wrong and the experiment might provide a clue as
to what it is.
From: kronhead on
I have a 755p and use bluetooth. I am using Vista now, but I was using
an XP on a different PC originally - what OS are you using?

Are you unable to configure it, or does it just not hotsync?

The procedure provided does not look like the one I followed on my
755p. Seems like I go into Prefs - Bluetooth - Setup Devices - Hotsync
Setup. If you need more details beyond that, let me know.

But, also, when I replaced my 650 with a 755p, I think I ended up
having to replace my PC's bluetooth adapter - I upgraded to a newer
one. I don't remember what problem I had - I think it was just "it
doesn't work" - so I decided to try a newer adapter, and it worked
right away. And I am using a new BT adapter on my Vista laptop.

On XP, you also have to configure a Bluetooth virtual com port - I
don't think I had to do that on Vista. On XP, I somehow ended up with
multiple com ports, and it seems like I would sometimes have to select
one port, in Hotsync, and sometimes another ... sorry for being hazy
about this - it's been a long time since I set this up.

Dan