From: steve.wyatt on
I have been running an Asus A8N-SLI Premium system for a few months now
and was very happy with it.

The other day I did a reboot - and the screen went blank. The PC
appeared to boot normally, but no display at all. My graphics card is
an Asus 6600 Silencer. I figured this might be a graphics card problem,
but not having any other PCI-E graphics, I tried a very old PCI card,
and everything worked fine. Put the PCI-E card back in - and nothing.

I can remote into the machine using LogMeIn, and with just the PCI-E
crad installed (no PCI) the machine boots fine - but shows NO graphics
cards at all, just rhe LogMeIn mirror driver.

I've reset the BIOS using the on-board jumper - to no avail.

HELP! Have I got a faulty PCI-E slot?!?

Steve

From: "Nat?ag" noreply on
It seems that your graphiuc card will have to be replaced.
Of course it could also be a faultry slot.

<steve.wyatt(a)gmail.com> a ?crit dans le message de news:
1156543774.502468.116640(a)m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

From: RonK on
My A8N-SLI Premium went the same way. The top PCI-E slot died so I
installed my 7800gt into the bottom PCI-E slot and it works ok.
I contacted Asus and I would have to send my board into them for repair - 6
to 8 weeks return. So much for that.
I built a new system with the A8n32-SLI Deluxe.

If it happens with this one, then the next will not be Asus.

From: spwyatt on
I have tried plugging my 6600 into the 2nd (black) slot and now it
works fine. if this is a problem with the board, its not very good,
it's only 2 months old!!!

From: RonK on
Mine was only 3 months old when the problem started.
I still have the board and I will be sending in for repair or replacement.

"spwyatt" <steve.wyatt(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have tried plugging my 6600 into the 2nd (black) slot and now it
> works fine. if this is a problem with the board, its not very good,
> it's only 2 months old!!!
>
> RonK wrote:
>> My A8N-SLI Premium went the same way. The top PCI-E slot died so I
>> installed my 7800gt into the bottom PCI-E slot and it works ok.
>> I contacted Asus and I would have to send my board into them for repair -
>> 6
>> to 8 weeks return. So much for that.
>> I built a new system with the A8n32-SLI Deluxe.
>>
>> If it happens with this one, then the next will not be Asus.
>>
>> <steve.wyatt(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I have been running an Asus A8N-SLI Premium system for a few months now
>> > and was very happy with it.
>> >
>> > The other day I did a reboot - and the screen went blank. The PC
>> > appeared to boot normally, but no display at all. My graphics card is
>> > an Asus 6600 Silencer. I figured this might be a graphics card problem,
>> > but not having any other PCI-E graphics, I tried a very old PCI card,
>> > and everything worked fine. Put the PCI-E card back in - and nothing.
>> >
>> > I can remote into the machine using LogMeIn, and with just the PCI-E
>> > crad installed (no PCI) the machine boots fine - but shows NO graphics
>> > cards at all, just rhe LogMeIn mirror driver.
>> >
>> > I've reset the BIOS using the on-board jumper - to no avail.
>> >
>> > HELP! Have I got a faulty PCI-E slot?!?
>> >
>> > Steve
>> >

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2