From: johnnys on

A9550 driver
I have been trying several times to d/l from ASUS - none of the four
options (USA/Europe etc) works. D/l times out after a few minutes.
The file is huge -207 mb - because ASUS stuffed three versions of
Windows in it; I can't believe that this is necessary.

It seems impossible to send an e-mail to ASUS so-called tech support
without answering a lot of completely unnecessary questions for this
particular purpose.

Final note: I will NOT buy another ASUS product

From: GHalleck on

johnnys(a)bigpond.net.au wrote:

> A9550 driver
> I have been trying several times to d/l from ASUS - none of the four
> options (USA/Europe etc) works. D/l times out after a few minutes.
> The file is huge -207 mb - because ASUS stuffed three versions of
> Windows in it; I can't believe that this is necessary.
>
> It seems impossible to send an e-mail to ASUS so-called tech support
> without answering a lot of completely unnecessary questions for this
> particular purpose.
>
> Final note: I will NOT buy another ASUS product

So what are you going to do the next time when you need to
download a 200 MB file from another vendor or organization?
Quit on them also? Don't have any problems with downloading
files in excess of 200 MB here, including Windows XP SP2, for
example. Lighten up, explore and use an alternative method
and a more co-operative ISP.
From: Paul on
In article <a1opg25b94iigpnkdhg19m1acf1c4n126u(a)4ax.com>,
johnnys(a)bigpond.net.au wrote:

> A9550 driver
> I have been trying several times to d/l from ASUS - none of the four
> options (USA/Europe etc) works. D/l times out after a few minutes.
> The file is huge -207 mb - because ASUS stuffed three versions of
> Windows in it; I can't believe that this is necessary.
>
> It seems impossible to send an e-mail to ASUS so-called tech support
> without answering a lot of completely unnecessary questions for this
> particular purpose.
>
> Final note: I will NOT buy another ASUS product

Try the following. Copy the URL from the download page. Say you wanted
to download:

ftp://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/ATI/release%20driver/ati82821_w2kxp64.zip

Change to:

ftp://dk.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/ATI/release%20driver/ati82821_w2kxp64.zip

Current download speed is 230KB/sec on my 300KB/sec link.

Paul