From: tm on
Hello,

I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100704.tgz

In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.

Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).

Changelog:
- The Seed7 interpreter (hi) was improved to support stack traces
with function call notation.
- The "progs.s7i" library was improved to support indexing and 'for'
loops for 'bstring' values.
- Indexing tests for constant arrays were added to the "chkexc.sd7"
program.
- The compiler was improved to generate code for array and string
indexing with temporary values of type 'uinttype' instead of
'memsizetype'.
- The compiler was improved to generate code with the type
'rtlValueunion' instead of 'valueunion' (this is the same type as
in the file "data_rtl.h").
- The compiler was improved to create dynamic dispatcher functions
which copy a struct value when necessary (in function
'process_dynamic_action_call').
- The compiler ("comp.sd7") was improved to initialize constant
'bstring' values correctly.
- The compiler option -e was improved to create an executable which
sends a signal when an uncaught exception occurs (A caught
exception does not send a signal).
- The files "bstlib.c", "primitiv.c" and the compiler ("comp.sd7")
were improved to support the primitive action BST_IDX (which allows
indexing of 'bstring' values).
- A definition of the type 'rtlStructtype' was added to "data_rtl.h".
- The files "traceutl.c" and "runerr.c" were improved to define and
use the functions 'printformparam' and 'prot_name'.
- Variables were renamed in the files "strlib.c", "bstlib.c" and
"ref_data.c".
- Checks for negative line and column values and casts to 'size_t'
were added to the files "scr_inf.c", "scr_cap.c" and "scr_tcp.c".

Greetings Thomas Mertes

From: Sjouke Burry on
tm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100704.tgz

Is this dude trying to get into the Guiness book of records???

Weekly and somtimes daily new versions??

Or is this (not so)hidden advertizing?
From: Måns Rullgård on
John Kelly <jak(a)isp2dial.com> writes:

> On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 00:22:56 +0200, Sjouke Burry
> <burrynulnulfour(a)ppllaanneett.nnll> wrote:
>
>>> I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100704.tgz
>
>>Is this dude trying to get into the Guiness book of records???
>>Weekly and somtimes daily new versions??
>>Or is this (not so)hidden advertizing?
>
> What's wrong with "advertising" free software.

Imagine if every free software developer saw fit to advertise every
release on this newsgroup. There'd be thousands every day. Release
announcements belong on dedicated mailing lists, not general
discussion groups.

--
M�ns Rullg�rd
mans(a)mansr.com
From: Ian Collins on
On 07/ 5/10 10:54 AM, John Kelly wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 00:22:56 +0200, Sjouke Burry
> <burrynulnulfour(a)ppllaanneett.nnll> wrote:
>
>>> I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100704.tgz
>
>> Is this dude trying to get into the Guiness book of records???
>> Weekly and somtimes daily new versions??
>> Or is this (not so)hidden advertizing?
>
> What's wrong with "advertising" free software.

Open source projects have their own mail lists. If you are interested
in the project, subscribe to its list(s).

Release announcements on general Usenet groups are spam.

--
Ian Collins
From: Måns Rullgård on
Ian Collins <ian-news(a)hotmail.com> writes:

> On 07/ 5/10 10:54 AM, John Kelly wrote:

>>> Is this dude trying to get into the Guiness book of records???
>>> Weekly and somtimes daily new versions??
>>> Or is this (not so)hidden advertizing?
>>
>> What's wrong with "advertising" free software.
>
> Open source projects have their own mail lists. If you are interested
> in the project, subscribe to its list(s).
>
> Release announcements on general Usenet groups are spam.

We had this discussion once before:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.misc/browse_frm/thread/1e98b8a4c016dd1

I'm not holding any hopes the spam will cease.

--
M�ns Rullg�rd
mans(a)mansr.com
 |  Next  |  Last