From: peeteebee on
I too have a 363n (firmware 007-1005) but with another problem.

Copying files to the drive-> OK
access with FTP or windows-explorer -> OK

access of files (mp3) on drive with an application like e.g. MP3TAG or
AlbumCoverArtDownloader -> it does not find any files !? it does
find (sub)directories !?

anybody else have this problem ????

From: roadkill on
Windows Media Player works fine on my drive. Some applications can't
deal with network paths and you have to map drive letters to the
drive folders to access them. Could that be your problem?

By the way, my drive is still up after three weeks - best I could do
before was a couple days :nod: .

From: peeteebee on
Nope,

that's not it

I have mapped drive-letters to the shares but the applications just
don't see the files

From: jcassady on

This site seems to be the only place to come to to get answers about the
HD-363N. I've had one for several months now and have been quite happy
with it.

So I went out and purchased a second one. No matter what I do, it
doesn't appear that I can have them both connected at the same time and
powered on. I renamed the second one to "backup-xxxx" and the original
retains the "storage-xxxx" moniker. While the storage drive is running
I can map a drive in XP and find the device using IE by going to
http://storoge

If I turn the storage drive off and boot up the backup drive, I can map
map a drive to it in XP as well. I can also find the drive by going to
http://backup If I have both drives on at the same time, I can only
access the drive that was booted first.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Jim

--
jcassady
jcassady's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=397

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in

From: dilettante on
This may be obvious, but have you checked the IP config on each
device? Perhaps they're using the same IP address?