From: Mike on
On 9 Apr 2006 21:53:55 -0700, "Weatherlawyer"
<Weatherlawyer(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>The unknown device could be a piece of software (probably something
>with a hook to report home) that is not in use (possible because you
>have something else as the default.)
>
>Try getting rid of it with device manager or uninstalling it with the
>programme removing device (or CCleaner as that will get rid of duff
>shortcuts and other unneeded files.)

Thank you for the tips, I just tried to uninstall it from device
manager, ran the registry cleaner (Tuneup Utilities 2006), reboot the
PC, then it came right back asking to search for the driver for this
new hardware, but when I ran the search to install the driver Device
Manager display "Cannot install this Hardware - The hardware was not
installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software"

Thanks

Mike

From: Weatherlawyer on

Mike wrote:

> Thank you for the tips, I just tried to uninstall it from device
> manager, ran the registry cleaner (Tuneup Utilities 2006), reboot the
> PC, then it came right back asking to search for the driver for this
> new hardware, but when I ran the search to install the driver Device
> Manager display "Cannot install this Hardware - The hardware was not
> installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software"

Beats me. Try here:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers?lnk=li

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2