From: Thomas on
Hello,

We are moving an asp classic website to II7 and are having troubles getting
ip to run correctly.

The site loads on IIS7, but fails to connect to the local database
(SQL2008). The event error logged is:
------------------------
The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application
BCE2002_DB: Thread ID: 6172 ,Logged:
An error has occured in an BCE 2002 component.
Error Number:-2147467259

Source:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
[BCE2002_DB.DBHelper] errline = 0 ==>
RunSQLReturnRS(sp_tblWebUsers_VerifyUser 'CREX','CREX') [MSSSVR01 version
2002.0.1]
[BCE2002_DB.User] VerifyUser('CREX') [MSSSVR01 version 2002.0.1]

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified
------------------------

The ODBC settings are using SQL Server driver and successfully connect to
the database. It just fails when running the site.

I'll appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

From: Dan on

"Thomas" <Thomas(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are moving an asp classic website to II7 and are having troubles
> getting
> ip to run correctly.
>
> The site loads on IIS7, but fails to connect to the local database
> (SQL2008). The event error logged is:
> ------------------------
> The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application
> BCE2002_DB: Thread ID: 6172 ,Logged:
> An error has occured in an BCE 2002 component.
> Error Number:-2147467259
>
> Source:
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
> [BCE2002_DB.DBHelper] errline = 0 ==>
> RunSQLReturnRS(sp_tblWebUsers_VerifyUser 'CREX','CREX') [MSSSVR01 version
> 2002.0.1]
> [BCE2002_DB.User] VerifyUser('CREX') [MSSSVR01 version 2002.0.1]

> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
> driver specified
> ------------------------
>
> The ODBC settings are using SQL Server driver and successfully connect to
> the database. It just fails when running the site.
>
> I'll appreciate any ideas.
>
> Thanks,

Check the user account permissions for IIS - if this is not running under
NTLM then the anonymous user account probably doesn't have permission to
access SQL Server.

--
Dan

From: Thomas on
Dan,

I created a simple page to test connecting to SQL from the site and it did
work.
The other pages in the websie depends on a COM+ object to connect to SQL and
other things.

From the test, it seems the problem is the COM+ object accessing the
database. The COM+ object uses ODBC.

The website, the asp app pool, the COM+ object and the application folder
share the network service rights.

Not sure where to look? I'll appreciate more info.

From: Chris M on
On 26/07/2010 20:05, Thomas wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I created a simple page to test connecting to SQL from the site and it did
> work.
> The other pages in the websie depends on a COM+ object to connect to SQL and
> other things.
>
> From the test, it seems the problem is the COM+ object accessing the
> database. The COM+ object uses ODBC.
>
> The website, the asp app pool, the COM+ object and the application folder
> share the network service rights.
>
> Not sure where to look? I'll appreciate more info.
>

> "Dan" wrote:
>

>> "Thomas"<Thomas(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> We are moving an asp classic website to II7 and are having troubles
>>> getting
>>> ip to run correctly.
>>>
>>> The site loads on IIS7, but fails to connect to the local database
>>> (SQL2008). The event error logged is:
>>> ------------------------
>>> The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application
>>> BCE2002_DB: Thread ID: 6172 ,Logged:
>>> An error has occured in an BCE 2002 component.
>>> Error Number:-2147467259
>>>
>>> Source:
>>> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
>>> [BCE2002_DB.DBHelper] errline = 0 ==>
>>> RunSQLReturnRS(sp_tblWebUsers_VerifyUser 'CREX','CREX') [MSSSVR01 version
>>> 2002.0.1]
>>> [BCE2002_DB.User] VerifyUser('CREX') [MSSSVR01 version 2002.0.1]

>>> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
>>> driver specified
>>> ------------------------
>>>
>>> The ODBC settings are using SQL Server driver and successfully connect to
>>> the database. It just fails when running the site.
>>>
>>> I'll appreciate any ideas.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>> Check the user account permissions for IIS - if this is not running under
>> NTLM then the anonymous user account probably doesn't have permission to
>> access SQL Server.

Your answer might be in the question:

"Data source name not found and no default driver specified"

Did you set up the DSN with the relevant details in the ODBC console?

--
Chris M.

From: Dan on
Chris mentioned about the ODBC DSN not existing, but you already mentioned
that it does work from your last line. However, did you make the DSN for the
system, or just for a user? If it's not a system wide DSN then that might
explain why it's not working. The other possibility is that you misspelt it
so that the DSN that the COM+ object is expecting to find does not exist.

Dan