From: FromTheRafters on
"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in
> @news.eternal-september.org:
>
>> "Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "The Real Truth MVP" <trt(a)void.com> wrote in

>>> What software release? another batch file? that's not software,
>>> Christopher.
>>
>> Batch files are software, perhaps not "application software".
>>
>> I can hardly wait to see what it stole this time. :oD
>>

> C'mon.. batch files are scripts.

Software is 'instructions and data for consumption by a computer' or
some such thing.

I guessed that you took the second meaning mentioned here regarding
application software.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_software

> Not programs themselves, but interpreted scripts.. thats it.

Even scripts are programs (and software). Sophistication is not a
prerequisite.

?"hello, world!" ...is a software program (in BASIC - a software
programming language). IIRC the "?" for "PRINT" appeared in Dartmouth
BASIC 9th Edition. Doesn't look right to me without line numbers and an
end statement though. :o)

I know that you know this, and it makes me wonder why unsophisticated
programs ceased being "software" in your eyes.

> I too can't wait to see what he's stolen, modified
> this time.... Maybe he'll try something more creative and destructive
> with our software?

I'm sure 'destructive' is in its repertoir, but it's the 'creative' I
wonder about.

> I wonder how many users he lost when he admitted to
> disabling a respected program out of sheer spite? It's why he redid
> the
> picture thing again. Hosted on youtube, hehehe, worried about another
> dmca Christopher? Your ISP does honor the one with the real pic of
> me..

I haven't seen a picture of you, nor would I want to. It would only
replace the mental image that Dalt had instilled by his suggestion that
you had spikey green hair.

[...]

From: Dustin Cook on
"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in news:hilmbt$bdp$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> "Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I know that you know this, and it makes me wonder why unsophisticated
> programs ceased being "software" in your eyes.

I was being anal over the fact it's a batch file. :) You just had to be nit
picky, didn't ya!

> I haven't seen a picture of you, nor would I want to. It would only
> replace the mental image that Dalt had instilled by his suggestion that
> you had spikey green hair.

hah! Nope. I blend in easily; You'd never guess. :)

--
"Is there anything in Guul Draz that doesn't suck the life out of you?"
- Tarsa, Sea Gate sell-sword.

From: FromTheRafters on
> "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in
> @news.eternal-september.org:
>
>> "Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I know that you know this, and it makes me wonder why unsophisticated
>> programs ceased being "software" in your eyes.
>
> I was being anal over the fact it's a batch file. :) You just had to
> be nit
> picky, didn't ya!

Yeah.

It confuses people when well known and respected software developers say
that something isn't software when it actually is. :o)

>> I haven't seen a picture of you, nor would I want to. It would only
>> replace the mental image that Dalt had instilled by his suggestion
>> that
>> you had spikey green hair.
>
> hah! Nope. I blend in easily; You'd never guess. :)

Spikey green hair would blend in in my hometown (it's a college town).
:oD

From: Dustin Cook on

> It confuses people when well known and respected software developers
> say that something isn't software when it actually is. :o)

Fair enough. I'll stop critizing and poking fun when you say that in the
future then. I sure don't want to confuse people. :)

>> hah! Nope. I blend in easily; You'd never guess. :)
>
> Spikey green hair would blend in in my hometown (it's a college town).
> :oD

Nah.. I'm no green hair freak (no offense meant to those who enjoy that
stuff)

http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/raidy.jpg is me. As I said, I blend in
fairly easily. :)

From: FromTheRafters on

> "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in
>
>> It confuses people when well known and respected software developers
>> say that something isn't software when it actually is. :o)
>
> Fair enough. I'll stop critizing and poking fun when you say that in
> the
> future then. I sure don't want to confuse people. :)
>
>>> hah! Nope. I blend in easily; You'd never guess. :)
>>
>> Spikey green hair would blend in in my hometown (it's a college
>> town).
>> :oD
>
> Nah.. I'm no green hair freak (no offense meant to those who enjoy
> that
> stuff)
>
> http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/raidy.jpg is me. As I said, I blend in
> fairly easily. :)

Hey, that photo looks like me (in younger days).