From: Hector Santos on
I think it would be nice that people provide a "VS" version for their
questions. At least until, people catch up with VS2010. We know have:

VS98 (1998, VC6)
VS2003
VS2005
VS2008
VS2010

and it appears new questions are VS2010 related.

--
HLS
From: Steve Achelis on
On Apr 26, 8:09 pm, Hector Santos <sant9...(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it would be nice that people provide a "VS" version for their
> questions. At least until, people catch up with VS2010.  We know have:
>
>     <snip>

Hector, my original post stated VS2008...
From: Steve Achelis on
On Apr 26, 7:57 pm, "David Ching" <d...(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:

> Could you open your .exe in Visual Studio (open the .exe 'Resources') and
> see what accelerators are actually compiled into the .exe.  If worst comes
> to worst you can delete any ones that shouldn't be there and re-save the
> .exe.  This is really weird.
>
> -- David- Hide quoted text -

That's a good thought, David, at least to see what accelerators are in
the exe.

Opening the exe shows two brances under Accelerator in th exe. One is
144 and contains my dummy entry (command 100 on the 'B' key). The
other is 30997 which has three entries: 58112 is VK_ESCAPE, 58114 is
VK_NEXT, and 58115 is VK_PRIOR. I'm guessing (not a good thing to
do...) that these are defaults for the framework. In any case, I don't
see anything related to my command ID or my keystroke. Yeah, really
weird!
From: Steve Achelis on
On Apr 26, 1:24 pm, Steve Achelis <i...(a)RescueRigger.com> wrote:
> I think my computer is possessed. My app (in VS2008 using the MFC
> Enhancement Pack) defined an accelerator for the '-' key which posted
> the message ID_VIEW_ZOOMOUT (which is defined as 33455). I wanted to
> remove this accelerator. So I deleted the following line in the
> "IDR_MAINFRAME ACCELERATORS" section of my rc file:

<snip>

I found the culprit! Apparently the CKeyboardManager stores the
accelerators (in \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Company\Product\Workspace
\Keyboard-0). I know the user can customize the accelerator keys by
right-clicking on the Quick Access Toolbar, choosing Customize and
then Customize Keyboard Shortcuts, but I'm surprised my resource-
defined accelerator ended up in the registry (and I didn't check the
customized keyboard shortcuts dialog before deleting the Keyboard-0
entry in the registry). At this point I'm just glad to have this bug
behind me.

Steve
From: Tom Serface on
Thanks for posting that. I wasn't losing sleep over it, but I confess that
this one had me curious. It's nice to know the resolution.

Tom

> On Apr 26, 1:24 pm, Steve Achelis <i...(a)RescueRigger.com> wrote:
>> I think my computer is possessed. My app (in VS2008 using the MFC
>> Enhancement Pack) defined an accelerator for the '-' key which posted
>> the message ID_VIEW_ZOOMOUT (which is defined as 33455). I wanted to
>> remove this accelerator. So I deleted the following line in the
>> "IDR_MAINFRAME ACCELERATORS" section of my rc file:
>
> <snip>
>
> I found the culprit! Apparently the CKeyboardManager stores the
> accelerators (in \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Company\Product\Workspace
> \Keyboard-0). I know the user can customize the accelerator keys by
> right-clicking on the Quick Access Toolbar, choosing Customize and
> then Customize Keyboard Shortcuts, but I'm surprised my resource-
> defined accelerator ended up in the registry (and I didn't check the
> customized keyboard shortcuts dialog before deleting the Keyboard-0
> entry in the registry). At this point I'm just glad to have this bug
> behind me.
>
> Steve

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2