From: Andrew B. on
One of my credit card account numbers was changed because someone had
gotten hold of the number. Now my Quicken 2008 one-step online update
can't find the account. So I tried to change the account number within
Quicken. I right click on the account pick Edit Account, but the account
number is grayed out and I can't edit it.

Is there a way to change the account number? If not, what do you
suggest?
From: jslcr1 on
On Mar 22, 12:36 am, Andrew B. <and...(a)avoidingspam.net> wrote:
> One of my credit card account numbers was changed because someone had
> gotten hold of the number. Now my Quicken 2008 one-step online update
> can't find the account. So I tried to change the account number within
> Quicken. I right click on the account pick Edit Account, but the account
> number is grayed out and I can't edit it.
>
> Is there a way to change the account number?  If not, what do you
> suggest?

Try the following. It worked for me.

Change to the new Credit Card number

Deactivate the account from downloads. Edit the Account Details,
changing the account number. Reactivate the account for downloads.

You keep the original account intact with the new account number and
downloads continue to that account.
From: Andrew B. on
It worked great. Thanks.