From: whygee on
untergangsprophet wrote:
> On 27 Jan., 10:39, Jonathan Bromley <jonathan.brom...(a)MYCOMPANY.com>
> wrote:
>> I would be rather surprised if the products ever appear on
>> the wider market. It's much more likely, as someone else
>> said, that they are aiming to get testimonials from some
>> big-name early adopter customers, and then sell out to
>> one of the mainstream FPGA vendors - who would, presumably,
>> then merge the technology into some future product family.
>
> Quite unusual for big, established Companies to drive adoption of
> radical new technology.

however, the big corp that can buy Achronix will have
a major advantage over the other, which will be forced
to make another, different move. That would be interesting
to see, if it happens. But what is the best ?
- a company that does not divulgue or distribute his products ? what's the point ?
- a same company that fails and dives, which is equivalent to the first point ?
- a company that is bought, slaughtered then dissolved by another larger corp ? (same results)

Sure, siliconblue's chips are... slow.
but they are available, reasonably priced, the toolsuite is small
and easily obtainable, so I consider that they did all the
necessary efforts for success (from a user point of view).
Oh, and they support Linux from the start :-)

We have waited too long for other players
to challenge the established status quo,
I'm happy to see new names and products !
But I don't want to be disapointed...

yg
--
http://ygdes.com / http://yasep.org
From: WilliamGibb on
On Jan 27, 3:35 am, "maurizio.tranchero"
<maurizio.tranch...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I've sent them an email to have datasheets and further information,
> but they asked for an non-disclosure agreedment...
>
> The only thing I know is they have collaboration with space and
> defence people, but I do not think it would be easy for "normal"
> designer to access their products.
>
> mt

You got asked for an NDA? I was contacted by an individual NOT using
an Achronix email address (@beaconmail.com - it has no whois
information either). I thought it was rather odd that their contact
person didn't sign their email as Achronix, but as Beacon. I never
heard back from them after letting them know what my interests were.

The initial email did include the name of an anchronix employee
though...

will
From: Jan Coombs on
Kastil Jan wrote:
> Hi all,
> is there anybody with experience with FPGAs from company Achronix
> (www.achronix.com)? I found only a few documents on their web. It looks
> interesting to me but I was not able to find any working contact to any
> sales person. I tried email to the adress on their web but nobody
> responded. I am hoping, that maybe some of people here would have any
> experience or even working contact to the company. Can you help me?
> Thanks you very much.
>
> Jan

I got a a data sheet about a year ago, but had been watching
development progress for some time before that. Not much detailed
description has come from Achronix, and googling doesn't seem to
work well either.

I believe that each signal in the fabric propagates down two wires,
and also encodes one of two data phases. The logic carries it's
own 'timing' signal. There is no ambiguity or race problems as only
one wire changes state in any signal transition.

The high performance is due to the asynchronous logic requiring no
clock tree in the FPGA fabric. (Just some around the edge for I/O)
One doc states that the logic elements are four input LUTs. The
interconnect is patented, and I've not yet grasped the details.

Although the fabric is significantly different, I read that the
design tools can import and translate RTL from current capture tools.

Hope this helps, and is accurate, Jan Coombs.
--
there are no Xs in my email
From: maurizio.tranchero on
On Jan 27, 8:56 pm, "WilliamG...(a)gmail.com" <williamg...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Jan 27, 3:35 am, "maurizio.tranchero"
> You got asked for an NDA?  I was contacted by an individual NOT using
> an Achronix email address (@beaconmail.com - it has no whois
> information either).  I thought it was rather odd that their contact
> person didn't sign their email as Achronix, but as Beacon.    I never
> heard back from them after letting them know what my interests were.
>
> The initial email did include the name of an anchronix employee
> though...

Actually I asked for the NDA, but I hadn't received any response from
their side. Probably my University group was not "interesting" for
them...

mt