From: Kastil Jan on
Hi all,
is there anybody with experience with FPGAs from company Achronix
(www.achronix.com)? I found only a few documents on their web. It looks
interesting to me but I was not able to find any working contact to any
sales person. I tried email to the adress on their web but nobody
responded. I am hoping, that maybe some of people here would have any
experience or even working contact to the company. Can you help me? Thanks
you very much.

Jan
From: whygee on
Kastil Jan wrote:
> Hi all,
> is there anybody with experience with FPGAs from company Achronix
> (www.achronix.com)? I found only a few documents on their web. It looks
> interesting to me but I was not able to find any working contact to any
> sales person. I tried email to the adress on their web but nobody
> responded. I am hoping, that maybe some of people here would have any
> experience or even working contact to the company. Can you help me?
> Thanks you very much.

good question...
I'm curious too so if anyone has news, i'll read :-)

I just know that Achronix "exists".
AFAIK there is one or two other FPGA startups in "submarine" mode,
waiting for something to make public announcements about
their products. Something like major buying deals,
availability of their toolsuite for customers,
finding distributors... it's a tough and complex industry.

http://www.siliconbluetech.com/ has come "out of nothing"
about a year ago, and still has a long way to go to gain
widespead acceptance. I hope that others will follow !

--
http://ygdes.com / http://yasep.org
From: stephen.craven on
On Jan 25, 6:50 am, Kastil Jan <ikas...(a)stud.fit.vutbr.cz> wrote:
> Hi all,
> is there anybody with experience with FPGAs from company Achronix
> (www.achronix.com)?I found only a few documents on their web. It looks
> interesting to me but I was not able to find any working contact to any
> sales person. I tried email to the adress on their web but nobody
> responded. I am hoping, that maybe some of people here would have any
> experience or even working contact to the company. Can you help me? Thanks
> you very much.
>
> Jan

I am curious, as well. From their LinkedIn profile it appears that
they've been hiring as recently as 4 months ago. I can only assume
they're still around.
http://www.linkedin.com/companies/achronix-semiconductor

From: whygee on
stephen.craven(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I am curious, as well. From their LinkedIn profile it appears that
> they've been hiring as recently as 4 months ago. I can only assume
> they're still around.
> http://www.linkedin.com/companies/achronix-semiconductor

hmmm interesting link.
it says that it was funded in 2004 :
6 years of development and no product
yet on the market : it's a tough and
expensive industry :-/

Anyway, I will be pleased to see their products
one day, they would be a very interesting
complement to other maker's product lines.

yg
--
http://ygdes.com / http://yasep.org
From: Gabor on
On Jan 25, 7:02 pm, whygee <y...(a)yg.yg> wrote:
> stephen.cra...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> > I am curious, as well.  From their LinkedIn profile it appears that
> > they've been hiring as recently as 4 months ago.  I can only assume
> > they're still around.
> >http://www.linkedin.com/companies/achronix-semiconductor
>
> hmmm interesting link.
> it says that it was funded in 2004 :
> 6 years of development and no product
> yet on the market : it's a tough and
> expensive industry :-/
>
> Anyway, I will be pleased to see their products
> one day, they would be a very interesting
> complement to other maker's product lines.
>
> yg
> --http://ygdes.com/http://yasep.org

Let's hope they are shipping product before 1.5 GHz becomes
the industry norm.