From: Scott on
I currently have 1 Windows 2003 TS with Citrix Metaframe on top of it. The
Terminal Server License server (35 TS user cals) is running on another
server. I would like to add a second 2003 Terminal Server (without Citrix)
to my environment. Will the second TS be able to use the existing license
server and find it automatically? I wasnt sure if multiple Terminal Servers
could "share" the same license server. I would imagine it is true that 2
servers would pool the server cals...ie...17 users on one TS...the second
would only allow 18 users before the 35 user cal is exhausted.

From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
Sure, you can have as many Terminal Servers as you want, all
pointing to the same LS.
If the LS will be auto-detected or not depends on a number of
factors (scope, domain, etc), but it's easy to point it to the
correct LS, in Terminal Services Configuration.

And since the TS CALs are Per User, no licenses will actually be
issued. You have to keep track of the total number of connecting
users yourself. This might help:

Per User CAL Reporting Script
http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/2009/11/09/per-user-cal-
reporting-script.aspx

Vera Noest
MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
RDS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net

"Scott" <someone(a)nowhere.com> wrote on 26 mar 2010 in
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services: