From: Terry on
First is there a better discussion group for Expression?? - thanks

A client has a web site created by a third party, built with Web Expression
2 which used a third party drop down menu. This client in purchasing a new
system and wishes to continue working on his web site himself, he wants Web
Expression 3 however the application will not load the third part add in.

Can anyone tell me when Microsoft will fix Web 3 thus allow the add in or
how can he buy Web 2? (I could not find it anywhere).
From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
most likely it's the Add-In that is the problem...check the third party
website to see if there is a version/patch/update/upgrade of the Add-In for
EW3

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

From: ANONYMOUS on
First YES there is a better discussion group for Expression and NNTP is
here:

There is also a forum based discussion but if you go at the above link,
you will get all the relevant info.

Now to your main question: Have you downloaded and installed Expression
Web 3 Service Pack 1? The link is here:

http://www.microsoft.com/expression/try-it/Default.aspx#PageTop

Let us know if SP1 has solved your immediate problem.

From: Tina Clarke on
"Terry" <Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First is there a better discussion group for Expression?? - thanks
>
> A client has a web site created by a third party, built with Web
> Expression
> 2 which used a third party drop down menu. This client in purchasing a new
> system and wishes to continue working on his web site himself, he wants
> Web
> Expression 3 however the application will not load the third part add in.
>
> Can anyone tell me when Microsoft will fix Web 3 thus allow the add in or
> how can he buy Web 2? (I could not find it anywhere).

This is the online forum for expression web
http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/web/threads

This is my expression web list

We discuss Expression Web
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/microsoft-expression-web/

You need the service pack which enables addins in ew
direct link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=265e1fb5-ba97-4510-b607-2789ffdfd093&displaylang=en

however EACH addin maker HAS to reconfigure their addins for ew3 ... so you
should ask the vendor.
currently the ONLY addin that has been so upgraded is

http://www.ajatix.com/ there are two ... the dl for each will work in ALL
expression web versions including frontpage 2003 so the vendor tells me and
currentely there is a 25% offer on there till jan 1st.

so whatever addin your client has they will have to bug the vender to
upgrade it.. or they can just open their web in ew 2 and use the addin there
which is what the rest of us do for older versions of addins ... down to
frontpage versions. I need to open ew2 to use frontlook search for instance
ah i see he does not have ew 2 you can now only buy it from someone else
like at ebay... I would personally forget that and get ew 3 (if he lives in
the usa there is a offer on at the ms store for expression web (see if he
qualifies for an upgrade) ... I think it ends tomorrow not sure ... there is
30% off currently .. so i would hurry.
http://www.expression-web.net/xmas-ew-price-reduction-usa/ and then I would
buy the addon that works for and use that to make the menus .. though you
could probably do ok with a free one ... not seen his site so dont know what
he needs....
there is also fpcleaner for expression web utility which now works for ew
3.0 .... that is a utility not an addin as it works outside ew ... and
everyone should get it .. its free btw.
http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/ew3.htm

what is the menu system he is using... what addin was it made with?

Tina
Expression Web Xmas/NY Giveaway 23rd Dec - 15th Jan
http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/expression-web-giveaway.html

From: Terry on
Tina Thanks
The name of the menu program is called HTML menu By Xtreeme

I will try the service pack. thanks again